• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you doing right now?

drjeff

Padding my post count via lots of posts to the "what do you do when your feeling down" thread ;)

I just helped set 5 large monuments and I'm leaving work in a few minutes and going to a diner for a late lunch..then home for some Magic Hat #9 and a nap...

What cemetery?

Actually five different cemeteries..three in the Pottsville area and two near Dorney Park...we're in Dirty Jersey alot though..lots of $$$$ in Jersey and we sell for PA prices..

O.K. so I worked today from 7AM=3PM....then went to the diner..then bought a case of Magic Hat #9..read Newsweek tidied up my place for a little bit...4:20...and I'm going to go on a long walk...Holla

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
GSS...have you ever been to the Hope Cemetery in Barre, Vt.? Amazing place with unreal memorials made by various top Barre granite sculptors for themselves as they were dying of "white lung". Sorry if I already asked you this. Drove by the Rock of Ages quarries the other day.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I just re-read this thread. Interesting...

Right now, I have to make dinner for Mags and me. My little boy already ate. We're all pretty tired here so I think it's going to be an early night for us.

What if I out live you, then what, no tombstone?

No..it doesn't work that way..We would make the monument now and set it on your cemetery plot and when you pass away...we would inscribe your final death date..You might as well lock in 2008 prices..by mid-summer you could have your own tombstone..

GSS...have you ever been to the Hope Cemetery in Barre, Vt.? Amazing place with unreal memorials made by various top Barre granite sculptors for themselves as they were dying of "white lung". Sorry if I already asked you this. Drove by the Rock of Ages quarries the other day.

No I haven't but a few of our suppliers are in Barre VT...but over the past few years a much higher percentage of our granite is coming from China..because most of the labor in Barre is union which makes the prices higher than overseas.

ski_resort_observer

Website
www.firstlightphotographics.com
No I haven't but a few of our suppliers are in Barre VT...but over the past few years a much higher percentage of our granite is coming from China..because most of the labor in Barre is union which makes the prices higher than overseas.

Understandable even tho we are talking about products that weigh tons. Next time your in the area you should check it out, it's only 20 min from Waterbury. Here is a sample
corti.jpg

gmcunni

Just got home from taking daughter to 3rd grade talent show practice and then gymnastics.

Now burning video to post to YouTube so grandpa can see her "talent".

Watching Mets, they just went ahead on a solo home run.

Getting ready for American Idol.. can't wait to see who's going home this week.

Understandable even tho we are talking about products that weigh tons. Next time your in the area you should check it out, it's only 20 min from Waterbury. Here is a sample
corti.jpg

Nice..hopefully I'll have a business trip up there in the near future. I stay at the Comfort Inn..near 89..up the hill from Barre with the Applebees in front.

BeanoNYC

I'm currently recovering from surgery. I had a tonsillectomy, had my uvula removed, soft tissue from my palate removed, a severe deviated septum fixed and a turbonectomy. :-(

Doing a bar exam prep course...and then hanging out with the new GF.

Never mind...I thought you were taking a bartending course for shits and giggles.

wa-loaf

I'm currently recovering from surgery. I had a tonsillectomy, had my uvula removed, soft tissue from my palate removed, a severe deviated septum fixed and a turbonectomy. :-(

I had that minus the tonsillectomy and turbonectomy (I don't even know what this is) about 5 years ago. The worst part is all the packing in the sinus'.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

Never mind...I thought you were taking a bartending course for shits and giggles.

Ouch, was getting the vulva removed painful. Wish you speedy recovery!