• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I enjoy going over the handlebars

awf170

Really, I must enjoy it since in the past week I have done it over 10 times. I'll stare at something for a while, think to myself that I'm probably going to do an endo since the transition is flat, then finally convince myself to do it. Right when I hit the transition I go flying over my handlebars. Obviously I never lower my seat, that would make far too much sense. On the plus side I'm getting very good at coming out of clipless peddles, and now occasionally I jump the handlebars before going over forward and land on my feet.

Anyone else enjoy going over the handlebars as much as I do?

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Try getting your ass out over your rear wheel and get as low as you can when you go down something steep. You're going to need that skill at K.

wa-loaf

Try getting your ass out over your rear wheel and get as low as you can when you go down something steep. You're going to need that skill at K.

x2 get your weight back. What little you have anyway.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Your challenges in sticking landings knows no season for you eh?

On this subject as a young kid I used to ride my bike down my parents driveway and put my shoe between the fork at the bottom of the driveway, which would send me flying into the grass where I'd try and do a somersault landing.

awf170

Pfft, you don't know anything. I didn't say that I wanted to stop doing endos.

Your challenges in sticking landings knows no season for you eh?

Nope, neither does my ambition to try stuff way above my skill level that will most certainly end in a wreck.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Pfft, you don't know anything. I didn't say that I wanted to stop doing endos.

Good man. Should make for some good vid material at Killington.

BTW, we should ride somewhere this weekend... meet halfway. I hear Leominster State Forest is pretty good. It's right near Wa.

awf170

Good man. Should make for some good vid material at Killington.

BTW, we should ride somewhere this weekend... meet halfway. I hear Leominster State Forest is pretty good. It's right near Wa.

Sunday afternoon (2ish or later) good for you?

Greg

Staff member
I haven't gone OTB fully since I started back on the mountain bike. I did it a few times back in my earlier days and I don't recall enjoying it very much. Ah......to be young again. Austin - someday you're body is not going to heal as quickly as it does now so you might actually need to become a bit more conservative...

bvibert

Staff member
I've done a couple pseudo OTB moves this year. Other than that I haven't done a true OTB since I was a kid riding one of my parent's 10 speeds for the first time (never rode a bike with front brakes before that). Going OTB in the middle of our street at the bottom of a small downhill was enough to teach me to be a bit more cautious of the front brake. ;)

tjf67

I went over the bars Sunday afternoon. When in doubt go faster

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Also besides getting the weight back as already noted, you can try to extend your arms out and down on the landings....almost pushing them forward, which also helps.

I've definitely done a good number of endo's in my biking career...I'm just praying that I keep them out on the trails and that they don't venture off onto the road. Did you see some of those crashes from the tour lately? ouch!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Also besides getting the weight back as already noted, you can try to extend your arms out and down on the landings....almost pushing them forward, which also helps.

I've definitely done a good number of endo's in my biking career...I'm just praying that I keep them out on the trails and that they don't venture off onto the road. Did you see some of those crashes from the tour lately? ouch!

Just like the commercial says-

Jump out of a moving car at near free way speeds in nothing but your underwear- then you'll know what's it's like to crash during a professional bike race.

bvibert

Staff member

Jump out of a moving car at near free way speeds in nothing but your underwear- then you'll know what's it's like to crash during a professional bike race.

I haven't seen that commercial, sounds funny.. What is it a commercial for?

bvibert

Staff member
I think it's just a commercial for VS's coverage of the tour. That they play on VS. So that makes sense. I guess it's just like a promo.

Gotcha. Wish I got that channel... :(

I'm not a huge Tour follower, but I used to enjoy catching bits and pieces of it. I haven't caught any news or clips at all this year...

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!

Yeah, great commercial, I laughed the first time I heard it. Still smile each time. The worst thing about the tour on vs. is that they repeat the same commercials so often. They need a different set for weeks 2 and a third for week 3.

Did you see the crash the other day involving the yellow jersey..who was it, Shumaker went down and his teamate, went right into him and over his bars.