• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

No heat yet

Steezy I've had mine on about 4 times for about 15-20 minutes each..I get alot of residual heat from my neighbors..no heat for me right now my place is 70 degrees..

Grassi21

i'm braking in a fireplace insert. so i have been creating some heat. that beast will crank once i get to know it a little better.

Warp Daddy

When you live in the northernmost region of New York along the Canadian Border you're heat is on in late October at the very latest

- yep mine's been on for 3 weeks . but programmed at lower temps for various time settings than full winter programming. We also use the gas fp insert in the am to take the chill off

Greg

Staff member
It pops on in the morning and the evening. I have to tweak the schedule a bit.

Greg

Staff member
For me, change 70 to 58.

58? :blink: A little extreme me thinks. I guess I would get used to it, but my girls would all be shivering...

We've been foregoing using the gas fireplace. I can't imagine that's all that efficient. It is nice on cold nights though.

Greg

Staff member
Ours drops to 60 at 9PM, kicks back on at 6AM to 67, drops to 64 at 10AM, kicks back on to 67 at 3PM. On rare occasion, I'll override it if it's needed.

That's pretty much how ours goes, but it only comes on for about 90 minutes on weekday mornings and we go 4 pm to 10 pm.

I have electric heat in my apartment..my October electric bill was only $26...but I keep the lights off alot..I'll be curious to see how high it will get in January..I'm guessing $70+..and in the summer even more because I'll will keep the AC on alot..

Warp Daddy

Since we're retired and no longer out of the house for extended periods of time everyday , Mine is 62 @11pm, 66 @ 8am and 67@ 4pm-- i either overide it as necessary or kill it in the early am or early evening with the gas fp as we choose

i love my gas fp . Winter settings go up a degree -- except when teh grandkids are here then its up 2 -3 degrees when it gets nasty out ( we usually get a week-10 days here where it can be -30 F in January)

Sky

Our heat has been one a few times in the main part of the house...not the back or upstairs (bedrooms).

Like you guys, turned down when we exit in the AM...up when daughter gets home from school (if it's cold).

I've been too lazy (or busy...viewpoint thing) to bring in more wood from the pile. REALLY looking forward to getting that stove upgrade. 30 days from today!

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
58? :blink: A little extreme me thinks. I guess I would get used to it, but my girls would all be shivering...

We've been foregoing using the gas fireplace. I can't imagine that's all that efficient. It is nice on cold nights though.

58 that is a bit exteme i could set it to 65 but at night (10) it goes to 50 because i like it cold when i am sleeping.