• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Your favorite ski areas in the northeast

pizza

Website
www.tursi.com
I'm a sucker for a good survey:

awf170 said:
hey we should have a survey for the top 10 ski areas in the east... this would require a whole lotta work but i have nothing better to do, hmmm we could all vote for our top 5 and 1=5 points 2=4 and so on...
i would do all of the math if anyone wants to do it...

Here are the rules. You pick your top 5 favorite ski areas. That's it. You can like them for any reason you'd like, as long as they're your favorites. You should display it in this format:

1. Killingon (Favorite)
2. Hunter
3. Pico
4. Stowe
5. Windham (fifth favorite)

Ok, here are the rules. Every ski area nominated must be in the Northeast, and for our purposes let's call the northeast the following states: VA, WV, MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI, VT, NH, ME. It does not have to be a commercial ski area, so if you want to nominate Tuckerman Ravine Ski Area, go ahead. You should have personally skied there. If you're like me and haven't skied at 5 areas in the NE, there's no shame in picking a top 4 instead.

Every #1 nomination will receive 5 points. #2 nominations will receive 4 points, #3 will receive 3, #4 will receive 2, #5 will receive 1. In this way, we'll get a top 10 (or top 50.. whatever) list of the favorite ski areas, according to Alpinezone's users. awf170 volunteered to score this survey, so now it's his job. hehe.

This should be pretty simple. If I forgot to mention something, I'll edit this post and add to it (in other words, we're making up the rules to this poll as we move along. Isn't that wonderful?)

Let's take my example above as my entry, with the exception of Pico because I've never skied there. I meant to go last season, but didn't. Bummer. (So the scoring right now would be Killington 5, Hunter 4, Stowe 3, Windham 2.)

awf170

pizza what do you think your doing that was my idea :angry: :wink: on second thought your more than 3 times my size... so you can do whatever you want :wink: :lol:

ya so anyway this is mine:

1. wildcat
2. sugarbush
3. cannon
4. sugarloaf
5. jay peak

pizza

Website
www.tursi.com
awf170 said:
pizza what do you think your doing that was my idea :angry: :wink: on second thought your more than 3 times my size... so you can do whatever you want :wink: :lol:

hehe.. I thought the quote "If anyone wnats to do it" meant run the poll, not participate. I guess that makes more sense after all.

You could be the man behind the scenes.. you know what I mean: the guy with real power who doesn't risk his neck or reputation by being president.

awf170

pizza said:
You could be the man behind the scenes.. you know what I mean: the guy with real power who doesn't risk his neck or reputation by being president.

oh thats sounds like a good idea :D , and anyway you did a good job making it clear(probably way better than i can do it), and good idea about adding places like tux

MrMagic

1) magic!!!
2) Sugar loaf/usa
3) saddle back
4) loon
5) bromley, BIG bromley

Vortex

Been a couple like this, but these area all fun and positive so....

1.Sunday River
2.SugarLoaf
3.Loon
4.WildCat
5.Cranmore (cause the kids love it)

Ask me tomorrow and 4 and 5 might be Killington and MRG.

Terry

1 Sugarloaf -just because it is awesome
2 Shawnee Peak - because bit is my home mt
3 Sunday River - because of the variety of trails, and length of season
4 Wildcat - awesome spring skiing, and great terrain
5 Cannon - great rugged terrain, and down home feel

awf170

heres the top 3
1.killington= 23
2.sugarloaf= 21
3.Stowe= 20
Sugarbush= 20

Nothing else is even has 10 points yet... stupid K-zoners swinging the votes :wink:

highpeaksdrifter

deadheadskier said:
Great idea!

1. Stowe
2. Jay
3. Sugarbush
4. Sugarloaf
5. Mad River

Deadhead, great hardcore list. I see you live in Burlington so you're close to all except the loaf. I notice Smuggs didn't make your list. I've talked to many Burlingtonians who swear by the place. Just curious why it wasn't in your top 5.

highpeaksdrifter

riverc0il said:
Nothing else is even has 10 points yet... stupid K-zoners swinging the votes
i am hoping my favorites don't make the top ten. less exposure keeps the crowds down! people don't know what they are missing!
:beer:

Thing about K-mart is people either love it or hate it. Not alot of people I know are dispassionate about it.