The carnage thread - Page 9

AlpineZone

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    hollowell not 100 yards onto fire rd.by that well thats full of water. went back to togus today to get cast changed. ortho md thinks it might need plate and screws.know more in a week. if all works out should be back riding in oct.

cracked chainstay on my 2nd run at blue mt pa this morning

rented a big bike. ton of fun before smacking up my elbow pretty good.
    Last edited by gorgonzola; Aug 29, 2010 at 5:06 PM. Reason: pics
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

just back fro v.a. togus. no plates and pins. still 5 wks no bike

Blew up another freehub on yesterday's ride. Time to start shopping for a more substantial rear hub...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Blew up another freehub on yesterday's ride. Time to start shopping for a more substantial rear hub...
    I would ask over on MTBR what are clyde worthy hubs. My Hope Pro 2's are nice and reasonably priced, but I am still not sure they could stand up to your power and size. My gut reaction is Chris King. Kings seems to be the go to hub for trials riders, and not too many riders abuse hubs like trials guys.

Not much chance of getting a Chris King. Hope 2 looks to be about the only choice even close to being my price range, and even that's a big stretch for me right now. I'll probably end up riding my backup wheel for the rest of the season (hopefully) and get something over the winter...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Not much chance of getting a Chris King. Hope 2 looks to be about the only choice even close to being my price range, and even that's a big stretch for me right now. I'll probably end up riding my backup wheel for the rest of the season (hopefully) and get something over the winter...

I know the King's would be able to hold up, but you have to be willing to pay for that. The Hope's are nice, love mine, but I am not sure they would do any better than what you have been using. I would consider them a upper end mid level hub, not high end hub. It would suck to spend a couple hundred bucks on a Hope hub and have that blow on you.

I have read that the DT Swiss & hadley hubs are pretty bomb proof, but also not cheap.

It's not that I'm not willing to pay for better stuff, it's that I can't afford to. Big difference.
    Brian

Hmmm.....

Bent my rear derailleur all to hell today in a fall. Opinions please...how bad is it?

Since it is a SRAM X.0 I'd love to not have to replace it if I don't have to.

Doesn't look so bad from this angle...just a slight bend:

From this angle however:

The first picture clearly shows that your derailure hanger is bent pretty good. That will need to be replaced, should cost anywhere from $15 to $30. Get two of them so you can keep a spare with you when you ride.

From your second pic I can't tell if the derailluer is all bent to he'll, or if it's fine and the picture was just taken from a funky angle.

Thread Information