• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Nassahegan - 2009-07-05

WoodCore

Met up with Trev on Scoville Road and headed out right around six. We started with a warm up lap through the jug a lug then back up Scoville Road and into the cemetery twisties, down the fire road and up the fat kid climb. Once up at the top of the hill we headed across the ridge and down the blue trail through the rocky descents, across Cornwall Road and before we hit route 69 headed left down Ye Old 69'er and exited to the cars via the cemetery twisties.

In general the route we rode was in pretty good condition! only a few semi muddy patches that we lightly treaded upon regardless, a couple more days of dry weather and most of Nass will be back in business!

Although I have no GPS data, I'm thinking we covered around 6 or 7 miles with a good amount of climbing. Anyway we took very few breaks and rode this route in just under 2 hours.

Due to the bent rim on the Iron Horse I was riding my HT Ibex today and actually enjoyed it for a number of reasons, the biggest being the grip of the tires. In short I so realized today how bad the tires are on my Iron Horse and although I've already ordered a replacement rear tire, I might go ahead and replace the front one too!!