• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

RAW - Nassahegan - 2009-07-13

WoodCore

WOW what a beautiful evening for a ride!! Rode solo tonight starting at around 6 from Scoville. Started with a jug-a-lug warm up then into the Scoville twisties across E. Chippen and up the truck trail. Came back on Brian's trail and then up and out the Cemetery and down the fire road all the way to the bottom of the blue trail climb up to Stone Road then turned around headed back into sessions woods by the reservoir and back up to the car. A pretty nice loop.

Things are really starting to dry up nicely at Nass! Even the Scoville twisties are pretty much dried up and definitely ready to ride. Really only one small section in there that was questionable to ride due to wetness. The biggest mud hole encountered in my travels tonight was at the bottom of the downhill after the 4-way by the stone wall. That area needs at least another day or two of dry weather for sure.

I covered 9.2 miles in almost exactly two hours and pretty much rode straight through without any breaks longer than 30 seconds. I'm very happy with this ride as I cleaned quite a few things that have been bugging me lately! Anyway here's the track info.....

http://crankfire.com/trails/data.php?dataid=591

http://crankfire.com/map/index.php?tid=7&t=591&w=0

On a side note.... I think something has died and is decaying on East Chippens Road as you cross and head for the Boy Scout Bridge back to Scoville road. I first smelled this stench on Sunday but today as I passed it's almost unbearable! Beware!!!

Greg

Staff member
On a side note.... I think something has died and is decaying on East Chippens Road as you cross and head for the Boy Scout Bridge back to Scoville road. I first smelled this stench on Sunday but today as I passed it's almost unbearable! Beware!!!

Interesting. smelled nothing there yesterday, but I almost ran right over a skunk!