• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

WARP -- had heart attack /open heart surgery

drjeff

Think i'll get specific feed back on that on 8/25/09 consult/evaluation with the cardiac sergury team in SYR.

My local PCP who is linked with these guys say LATE in the year for golf , he wants me to reel back the Adreniline Junky and not ski in the fall line this season ( afraid of falling on sternum) ski blues and greens ,

He's on the board with me and we're good friends i told him that he's my medical guru NOT my mental health advisor --LMAO

Bsides which i fraken LUV speed and u know them damn Atomics run a helluva lot better @ WARP speed

I'm guessing that your likely Doc imposed "training wheels" won't be staying on too long. Now convincing "The Queen" that it's good to loose the training wheels might be an entirely different story ;) :lol:

Warp Daddy

yahoo.gif

I was wondering the same thing.

Where's the line between doing what you need to keep your mental and physical health up to speed, without pushing your luck?

I have a feeling that you'll find that line and stick your toe just over the edge .......:beer:

THERE's a Line ?? What line ?? I don't see no damn line ??? Now the Queen says don't be a monkey ,but u r right i will get on the edge then who KNOWS -----------LMAO

Hey now u got sun in da mitten u gonna hit dem little white balls soon ?

Warp Daddy

Warp,

Glad to hear you're improving so quickly!

Keep us posted on your progress.

-w

Thanks for the kind words !! hey you live in Chelsford huh ?? My daughter and son in law live in Littleton in that development near the Montosorri school i think its called Cobb Meadows . Whenever we visit Ive played the Chemsford CC golf course and others in the region several times and of course have skied WA frequently and also Nashoba when the grandkids first started ------------------Nice area !!

Trekchick

THERE's a Line ?? What line ?? I don't see no damn line ??? Now the Queen says don't be a monkey ,but u r right i will get on the edge then who KNOWS -----------LMAO

Hey now u got sun in da mitten u gonna hit dem little white balls soon ?
Sunny yesterday at the Buick Open. Today is rain, rain rain!
I will get out on the course this week, hopefully Thursday.

drjeff

Sunny yesterday at the Buick Open. Today is rain, rain rain!
I will get out on the course this week, hopefully Thursday.

Trek, looked like it was quite the crowd at the Buick yesterday and the bleachers at 17 as Tiger came through seemed nuts (CBS sent David Feherety up in the bleachers as Tiger's group was waiting to tee off and you could barely hear him talking into the mic!)

Hope that the tourney will be back with a new sponsor next year!

Who knows, maybe Tiger can convince one of his sponsors to pick up the sponsorship as it's very apparent that he LOVES playing Warwick Hills!

drjeff

That scene at 17 was awesome -------------Tiger town goes NUTS for Tiger !! He certainly found his groove on the last 54 holes !!

I don't know there Warp, if he keeps this up, maybe someday he'll be a good player or something like that ;) :lol: -19 over the last 54 holes!

Trekchick

You have no idea until you actually experience it!

The 17th hole is named the party hole for a reason.
They sell tshirts that say,
I survived the 17th Hole.
You couldn't even hear yourself think, nor could you get through on the pathways without an unreasonable amount of attitude :)

I enjoyed the 3rd hole, the 15th and the 18th the most, just based on what you could see from the sidelines.
When there were about 10 Pairings left to finish, I planted myself under a nice maple tree on the 18th hole and enjoyed the rest of the day.
Yes it was great to see Tiger in person. He is definitely in a league of his own as far as mind set concentration and skill.

I had a very good time, but I must say, I saw more "good golf" last year when I didn't have to fight the crowds that Tiger draws. I also believe that the caliber of golfers who were near the top of the leader board was a more mature group than this year.

All it all, a good day.
I even got a golf lesson from a pro ;)
I'll post about it in the golf thread.

Trekchick

Ah, what the heck, I'll cross post

The 5 Minute Free Lesson from a PGA Pro

What's it that Phil says.......?
If its FREE its for ME!

While at the Buick Open on Sunday I took advantage of the give-aways that were offered up, though it was evident that GM was not doling out much of anything like they did last year,(big shock, eh?)

One of the free offerings was a 5 minute free golf lesson with a PGA Pro on the spot. You can imagine that there was a heluva line, but I filled out the card and wandered around for a bit and made my way back to the PGA Pro Lesson booth at 1:50, which happened to coincide with Tigers Tee Time.
It just so happened that the line at the lesson booth had vanished as I stepped on the mat and addressed the ball.
Hello Ball!

My 5 minute lesson turned into 20 minutes of undivided attention.

He observed me from every angle, reinforced some of what I'd let slip away from past lessons, and added some new tools to my iron game.

What really surprised me is that I had really messed up my grip without realizing it.
As he positioned my hands on the club I could almost envision Betsy doing the same thing and I stood there wondering, when I lost it and......why?!!

THIS is why a tune up lesson is good from time to time, especially when you're young in the sport and trying to reinforce good habits.

I'm extremely happy that I had the forethought to skip watching Tiger's Tee Time and take advantage of this lesson.

Warp Daddy

The 5 Minute Free Lesson from a PGA Pro

What's it that Phil says.......?
If its FREE its for ME!

While at the Buick Open on Sunday I took advantage of the give-aways that were offered up, though it was evident that GM was not doling out much of anything like they did last year,(big shock, eh?)

One of the free offerings was a 5 minute free golf lesson with a PGA Pro on the spot. You can imagine that there was a heluva line, but I filled out the card and wandered around for a bit and made my way back to the PGA Pro Lesson booth at 1:50, which happened to coincide with Tigers Tee Time.
It just so happened that the line at the lesson booth had vanished as I stepped on the mat and addressed the ball.
Hello Ball!

My 5 minute lesson turned into 20 minutes of undivided attention.

He observed me from every angle, reinforced some of what I'd let slip away from past lessons, and added some new tools to my iron game.

What really surprised me is that I had really messed up my grip without realizing it.
As he positioned my hands on the club I could almost envision Betsy doing the same thing and I stood there wondering, when I lost it and......why?!!

THIS is why a tune up lesson is good from time to time, especially when you're young in the sport and trying to reinforce good habits.

I'm extremely happy that I had the forethought to skip watching Tiger's Tee Time and take advantage of this lesson.

Nice , a 20 min session with a pro is a great refresher for ya ! i always write out the good tips and put it on my my waling cart as a reminder , Hey now go and put that good stuff to use this week and HAVE fun and stay relaxed

Warp Daddy

Update: 8/4/09

Major progress today ----------did my first sustained half mile walk --pulse and BP were great !! i'm about aweek ahead of schedule next goal 3/4 miler sustained pace in a couple of days maybe . I was also able to walk around our lawns and gardens and be outside for about 2 hrs in the warm sunshine --saw many friends tooo ---------------LIFE is GooD !!!!!!!

WJenness

Major progress today ----------did my first sustained half mile walk --pulse and BP were great !! i'm about aweek ahead of schedule next goal 3/4 miler sustained pace in a couple of days maybe . I was also able to walk around our lawns and gardens and be outside for about 2 hrs in the warm sunshine --saw many friends tooo ---------------LIFE is GooD !!!!!!!

Great stuff Warp, great stuff!

How's the queen taking all of this drama? I imagine she must have incurred a bit of stress when it happened? Is she all sorted out now too?

I'm very happy to hear that you're improving so quickly.

My grandfather had a similar episode years ago when I was about 7 or 8, and didn't recover as well or as quickly as you. I think a big part of it is that you're likely in much better health than he was at the time (wasn't much of an 'active' guy)... Not to mention, the advances in medicine over the past 20 years have probably helped...

-w

Warp Daddy

THANX gUYS FOR THE GREAT SUPPORT !!! yEAH I THINK MY CONDITIONING WAS A HUGE PLUS

The Queen is a tower of loving strength and compassion, i love this woman to my very core .My wish for you single guys is that you can find such a similar rare gem for a partner

She is the light of my life --always has been since i first met here !! She is a still youthful beautiful woman to look at and to live with and frankly guys SAVED me from myself ( a huge egoed jock and musician) when i was an undergrad . I am blessed because my adult children took after her

Root i am trying to NOT rush things too much since the progress is pretty fair . Patience is one of my new LIFE goals as well as learning how to let go ---but its still awork in progress.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Warp, Hearing how your physical conditioning has helped you through this, is even stronger motivation for me to get fit (and stay that way).

Keep up the progress reports!

Warp Daddy

Warp, Hearing how your physical conditioning has helped you through this, is even stronger motivation for me to get fit (and stay that way).

Keep up the progress reports!

Root i promise ya bud its the best favor you can do for yourself it pays huge dividends -----------U KNOW I"M A HUGE ROOT fan go big guy !!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

OUTSTANDING! You're already ahead of me! Congrats Warp!!!
Go wax some boards young man!

Warp Daddy

OUTSTANDING! You're already ahead of me! Congrats Warp!!!
Go wax some boards young man!

Luv ya BRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR keeping the spirits high and yes i do feel pretty damn good physically and attitudiinally thanks to many wonderful people in my life both here and around the US ans of course my buds at AZ-- U are all special to the Warpster