• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Official 12/9 Storm Discussion Thread

Greg

Staff member
Quickly approaching 3" here already. Leaving for the mountain in a few...

Vortex

Well its no longer a potential storm, Offically a storm snowing like crazy in bost. Matt is funny about not being able to post 18 possible inches. No atttitude around here. lol

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Stuck in work, but no bother. I'll but up at Snow tomorrow bright and early.

I had quite the enjoyable commute this morning. Fun times with my e brake.

teachski

Website
teachski.com
Hahahahaha I didn't have to work today! Snowing at about an inch and a half an hour here right now.

I stayed home on Monday because of my furnace.

Got to love the short week!

JimG.

Staff member
Marc said:

My ride in wasn't bad...little traffic because about 2/3 of the cars I saw were off the road in ditches.

Where do most drivers get their licenses? I guess alot of folks still eat Cracker Jacks.

Biggest problem was my car kept trying to hijack me up to Hunter to go skiing; like a moron I still went to work.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
JimG. said:
Marc said:

My ride in wasn't bad...little traffic because about 2/3 of the cars I saw were off the road in ditches.

Where do most drivers get their licenses? I guess alot of folks still eat Cracker Jacks.

Biggest problem was my car kept trying to hijack me up to Hunter to go skiing; like a moron I still went to work.

Heh, yeah, my car had a definite pull towards the Mount Snow direction this morning, or maybe it was my arms.

Half my commute is in CT and half is in RI. People in my part of CT are bad at driving in the snow but people in RI are bad at driving in perfect conditions. Put them in snow and you'll have fewer collisions at a bumper car ride.

But snows and AWD makes for easy avoidance.

dmo

Sigh.

Stuck at work myself, but will be making the trek to the Mount Snow area this evening. I'm supposed to be meeting folks at Killington tomorrow AM instead of MS, but depending on the way this all turns out, I may be skipping out on that and staying at Mount Snow.

JimG.

Staff member
ALLSKIING said:
Looks like the skills got 4-6 inches. I see blue ski on the web cam.

Looks like snow has ended up at Hunter...doesn't look like they got the 6-9" expected, more like 5-7".

Snow over here in White Plains, NY too. Blue skies are coming.

Tomorrow is going to ROCK!

Zand

7" here so far, falling at 1-2" an hour and forecasted to stay that way for 3-4 more hours.

Catul

Still coming down hard here (NW CT) at about 1 - 1.5" an hour, got about 10-12" on the deck already. Ski Sundown was great powder this morning!

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Catul said:
Still coming down hard here (NW CT) at about 1 - 1.5" an hour, got about 10-12" on the deck already. Ski Sundown was great powder this morning!
10 to 12 inches :blink: I thought they were calling for only 6 or so.

JimG.

Staff member
CT is going to be the big winner in this event...my buddy in Brookfield reports 10" on his deck and it's still snowing.

Zand

Central MA, SW NH will be the winner with 1'+ almost everywhere. We have almost 8" and still 2-3 hours to go.