• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dual Late Season Storm Thread

kingslug

Wish i knew these glades better..didnt see anyone going in the woods..jumped in christina glade..found..stuff...
Snowed all day..hit everything that was open but i guess the woods held the best stuff..
Maybe tomorrow ill try nosedive woods..nosedive was a slide at the top but had good snow once on it..liftline closed with monster icebergs everywhere..but they could groom it out.
Gondi line looooong..good snow though.
Lasted till 3...got up at 3..so thats legit..
Tired slug...

KustyTheKlown

some dude checking into the hotel in stowe just told the desk clerk he waited on a 90 minute line for the gondola

bqahahahahahahahhahaha

kingslug

90...that seems a bit...looong..i waited 25 minutes just to see why..everyone else was waiting..no idea..nothing special you couldnt get off a 10 minute wait for the quad...
Cant wait for next season when i have ikon for sb..

skiur

The gondola is great if your looking to hike up to the top, if not for that i wouldn't wait 15 min for it let alone 90.

Zand

So...worth driving up Sunday? They shouldn't lose too much tomorrow. Did it get really skied off today or still decent?

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Great day at Jay #2. I liked the first day better, constant refresh. Today was awesome the first couple hours as there was 2-4" of pure fluff on top of the thicker stuff that fell yesterday. With all the traffic tho things got scraped to nothing in a hurry. My ROTD was actually UN which had huge bumps of fluff with slick troughs. Skied nicely before noon. Today was an A- while yesterday was an A...still nothing to complain about in April!

Off to Sugarbush, hoping for some nice spring bumps tomorrow in the sunshine.

KustyTheKlown

i was skiing fresh snow tramside til about 1. found things wayyyyy less fluffy at the jet from 1-3. timbuktu was not fun, way too much shit poking thru. everythign tramside higher on the mountain skied dreamy. super grateful to squeeze a final powder day out of this season. i got a shit ton of runs too. about 30k vertical, almost every run thru the woods. 4 laps of beaver/andres, 3 laps of north glade, 2 laps of the glade skiers left of jfk, everglade, expo glade, timbuktu, kitz woods x2. just smashed the place to bits.

Reactions: Edd

cdskier

I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen. It is going to take quite a bit to soften most of them up. I'd love to be wrong though...

KustyTheKlown

someone defaced the sign entering montgomery on 242. it was a very subtle defacing so it didnt look defaced. i almost turned around to take a pic.

the sign says 'smile, you're in montgomery - covered bridges, open hearts"

it now says "smile, you're in montgomery - covered wieners, open farts"

i thought that was just wonderful.

HowieT2

Great day at Jay #2. I liked the first day better, constant refresh. Today was awesome the first couple hours as there was 2-4" of pure fluff on top of the thicker stuff that fell yesterday. With all the traffic tho things got scraped to nothing in a hurry. My ROTD was actually UN which had huge bumps of fluff with slick troughs. Skied nicely before noon. Today was an A- while yesterday was an A...still nothing to complain about in April!

I skied lincolnpeak today. I would not expect the bumps to soften tomorrow. Maybe Sunday.
great snow today on top of some real funky base.