• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Conditions at Stowe

Joshua

Can anyone up in Stowe region tell me what the conditions are like right now? bringing a large group this week and wanted to know how the natural snow trails were...any snow up there today?

their website says very little

thank you

Greg

Staff member
I think Jon is the only one that actively posts here and is from the area. I would bet conditions are pretty similar to those at surrounding resorts. Take a look at Jon's Sugarbush TR from 1/4:

http://forums.alpinezone.com/viewtopic.php?t=932

I'm going to guess that any natural snow trails, even at Stowe, are thin and hard, at best. Snowmaking trails will probably recover by the weekend, but you may need to wait until next week for any significant snow on natural runs.

Being in CT, this is all speculation, but I hope this helps...

J

jlangdale

We got a few inches, not as much as we'd like to see. It's turning colder and still flurries here and there. Should be ok this week, make sure to layer and bundle up. Also be prepared for the snow-making.

Today was fair, sun poped out for a bit. Thursday is looking good for morning runs on natural snow fall.