• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

We are in good shape!

Greg

Staff member
No arguing that it is COLD! From the various forecasts I've seen, it looks like maybe some snow early next week and then a return to cold! Skiing should dramatically improve over the next week.

J

jlangdale

I went to Bolton Valley last night and it was FREAK'N COLDER than a witch's tit. Decided not to snowboard in the blowing white outs, ate dinner w/daughter instead. Sun is out and cold, but good skiing today. Friday and this weekend are looking primo. Sugarbush is blowing snow, they should have enough time to recover from last Sunday's mess.

skijay

I think I am going to brave the cold on Saturday, heck last year I was night skiing at about 20 below zero at MontJoye (QC).

I remember that the outside temp on the Saturday on the way up kept dropping and dropping as we went up I-91. This was taken in the early afternoon on the way up.

temp.gif

J

jlangdale

I was at the bush last season during -20 below wind chill days. But the sun was out and nobody was around, it was great skiing. If the sun is out, it could feel very very cold indeed. Sunday looks like it might see more sun. The sun is out now, but it's still very cold. I washed the salt and mud off my Jeep during lunch and everything froze up fast, not to mention my fingers and face. So, bundle up good and layer up. This is the weekend to cold your cold weather gear.

I

IndyJones

Way out here it's also cold. Perfects finally got every run open. They've been making snow like crazy. Anyways, it's been in the upper 20's/lower 30's for highs and teens/lower 20's for lows. It rocks! We also got about 1 inch of snow. And some more predicted for Monday.

Greg

Staff member
IndyJones said:
Anyways, it's been in the upper 20's/lower 30's for highs and teens/lower 20's for lows.
That there is beach weather, son....

I

IndyJones

Greg said:
IndyJones said:
Anyways, it's been in the upper 20's/lower 30's for highs and teens/lower 20's for lows.
That there is beach weather, son....

LOL, I think it's perfect skiing weather.