• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Whatcha got left?

SKIQUATTRO

No, which is great, no competition when there's a midweek pow day and i call at 8am from the lift telling him i wont be in....he doesnt surf either, so i'm clear when a swell hits too....

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
No, which is great, no competition when there's a midweek pow day and i call at 8am from the lift telling him i wont be in....he doesnt surf either, so i'm clear when a swell hits too....
Sounds like you've got it all worked out. My boss is always telling me to take "undocumented" days off, so long as my workload permits.

drjeff

my biz partner and i have a pretty open/lax vacation policy...take what you need and when you need, as long as there 1 of us in the office.......

Pretty much the same thing between me and my business partner. As long as we each cover our portion of the overhead for the year, and we don't leave the office unattented too long(Doc wise), we can take as much as we want/feel comfortable with.

The one "good" thing vacation wise that my line of work basically forces one to do, since it can be a real pain in the a$$ if last minute to reschedule a bunch of patients if we decide to take a few days off, is plan ahead. For example this week, we're finalizing our work/vacation plans for June/July 2011, so I've basically had my 2010-11 ski season vacation plans finalized already since April :)

Last edited:

SKIQUATTRO

The dentist down the all from us has a house at K, takes every other Friday off in the winter and is up there for a 3 dayer....(his lic plate is killgntn)

WakeboardMom

I want vacation days!!! <insert pouty face here>

LOL...me, too.

Took 10 days off in a row this summer...first time in a million years. And that was after taking off for 7 or 8 days off in January and three or four random weekdays for spring skiing. Amaaaazing.

My business partner usually vacations with me. ; - ) Now we're lucky...we have my son to keep an eye on things so we have a bit more freedom.

WakeboardMom

You build them up for 18 years, then get to take them all at once.

D*mn straight!

I'm am totally enjoying not worrying about getting home to make dinner, worrying about buying school supplies, who needs to be picked up and/or dropped off, etc.
From my Christmas letter of last year: "In late May our 'baby' graduated from high school. File that under 'Where does the time go?' Thus marked the ending of 24 years of 'I really don’t care that there’s no ham! Have peanut butter for cryin’ out loud,' 'You need five dollars, why?!?' and the ever-popular, 'COME ON!!! You’re gonna be LATE AGAIN!!' "

I enjoyed every minute of the craziness, but you're right cten...I'm on permanent vacation!! Woohoo!!

Riverskier

12 days left. Labor Day week off (4 days), Thanksgiving week off (3 days), and probably 3 random ski days in December. Will try to roll a couple days over just to stay ahead of the game.

Grassi21

Not enough..... 7 days left for this calendar year. 5 will be devoted to XMas week. The other 2 are for early season ski trips... I hope.