• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Touring bindings, the front side experiment

kingslug

I've been putting some miles on my Rossi S3's since I had the Fritchi pro touring bindings mounted. The one big thing I've noticed is how the carving ability of the ski has improved. They used to wash out on icy surfaces/super hardpack...now I can keep a much better edge..this is because of the extra height the bindings have over the stock ones...I didn't expect this. The only thing I am worried about is that the bindings are not built for frontside continuous runs...I would hate to break them..but they seem pretty strong and well made...A lot of people don't think a setup like this can work at places like Hunter...and so far i haven't seen anyone with anything like it there...but I am proving it can work..and work really well. the light weight, and the lighter weight of my touring boots really has made a difference in how I ski. Moguls are much easier, the skis just float through them and can carve down through the icy troughs. I can fly over them if I want as well, the rocker tip makes it much easier. I'm going to keep testing the limits of this setup all season..and may not go back to my regular one..which feels like a million pounds more. I posted a little about this before but now I'm getting used to them and it keeps getting better..wonder if this will ever catch on over here...