Hunter Chair Lift Accident - Page 2

AlpineZone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    word is that Y & Z did not pass the state inspection and are condemmed effective May 1. They state agreed to give them 1 more year on the lifts but this is it. This is what forced the 6 pack purchase and the relo of the quad.

I also heard that clearing has started for glade skiing on the west side. I figured that was for the quad.

Quote Originally Posted by catskillman View Post
    I also heard that clearing has started for glade skiing on the west side. I figured that was for the quad.
    yeah.... they really made a dent on the woods between Lower Taylors and Clairs..
    "Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

Did Hunter One's E-LIFT build in 1968 pass ? I actually like to ride the old E-LIFT at least once a year.

word is that Y & Z did not pass the state inspection and are condemmed effective May 1.
    If they based the rating of Z lift on comfort level it would have been condemned years ago. It can barely fit two adults, the bar hits you on the head when it comes down, and forget about using the foot rest if you're taller than 4'11". I needed an adjustment from the chiropractor every day I rode it. It must have been built by hobbits and imported from the Shire. That's the price we've had to pay to get to that great terrain. Goodbye Z lift, don't let the door hit ya.
    There, I said it. Feel much better now. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by legalskier View Post
    If they based the rating of Z lift on comfort level it would have been condemned years ago. It can barely fit two adults, the bar hits you on the head when it comes down, and forget about using the foot rest if you're taller than 4'11". I needed an adjustment from the chiropractor every day I rode it. It must have been built by hobbits and imported from the Shire. That's the price we've had to pay to get to that great terrain. Goodbye Z lift, don't let the door hit ya.
    There, I said it. Feel much better now. Rant over.

I called it the Hervé Villechaize memorial chairlift.

"Sometimes the rock n roll life is not all rainbows & fairy dust..." - Fake Jerry

I was one of the two on the Z when the right sidebar came off on Sat. Thank goodness the other side did not break off also but I can't believe they kept the z lift running afterwards. We did get back out there and stayed on the Flyer (until that broke down), then jumped over to the F. Too bad since we had a great couple of runs on Annapurna right before we got on the now retired Chair 62.

If anyone has photos or video, please send me a message. I'm sure you can understand we were preoccupied holding on to dear life to capture the moment. We'll be there again for the last weekend, but don't know if we're going to push our luck by getting on the Z again. I think I can wait for the quad.

The right sidebar? WOW - This is differant than the story going around (not that I am surprised)

Were you tilted to the right and sliding that way? Did it just happen or did you feel/hear it giving away.

Glad everyone is OK - it could have been ugly

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
    The right sidebar? WOW - This is differant than the story going around (not that I am surprised)

Were you tilted to the right and sliding that way? Did it just happen or did you feel/hear it giving away.

Glad everyone is OK - it could have been ugly

Agreed....And welcome to the board Zliftsurvivor!

The only thing that will suck when they put the new lift in is......even more yutzes will be yardsaling down Clairs ..at the same time now...at least the Z kept the numbers down..oy..
    Lets go!
    I'll drive.

Quote Originally Posted by kingslug View Post
    The only thing that will suck when they put the new lift in is......even more yutzes will be yardsaling down Clairs ..at the same time now...at least the Z kept the numbers down..oy..
    I've been hearing a new trail for the "yutzes" that will be a intermediate alternative on the West.. I couldn't quite figure it out based upon what i was told.. But it could happen... Where - I have no clue. But he seemed to say it going to wind down to Wayout somehow..

Thread Information