• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Binding inserts

SkiDork

so basically its a screw you put in the ski which has internal threads you can mount a binding on?

Seems to be an interesting idea, but if you want to change to a different binding, the mount positions probably won't be the same. So I guess you're committed to 1 binding.

Puck it

Move one binding to multiple skis. Saves money. Especially with Dukes or Barons. I was going to move them between my Prophetes, Palmer01, and Hell and Backs.

Puck it

Because I all ready have a pair of Barons sitting in a box! The Palmers were very cheap and I can use for early and late season when things are sketchy. The Prophetes were cheap also. The Hell and Backs would be the every day ski for good conditions. So, the swapping would be early and late season. Make sense!

Puck it

just placed the order for three sets. I will let you know how things go. I will do the Prophetes first, since these are drilled all ready and should fairly easy to do.

Huck_It_Baby

just placed the order for three sets. I will let you know how things go. I will do the Prophetes first, since these are drilled all ready and should fairly easy to do.

Awesome....eagerly waiting to hear your report on this!

snowmonster

I'm also curious to see how these work. Lots of talk on TGR about these but I usually let a few seasons pass before jumping in. I'd like the manufacturer to work out the kinks first.

Anybody interested in these? http://runmfd.com/

It allows you to adapt alpine bindings for AT travel. Looks promising for the sidecountry.

Puck it

I'm also curious to see how these work. Lots of talk on TGR about these but I usually let a few seasons pass before jumping in. I'd like the manufacturer to work out the kinks first.

Anybody interested in these? http://runmfd.com/

It allows you to adapt alpine bindings for AT travel. Looks promising for the sidecountry.

I saw those too. Expensive though. Kinda like the BD product that everyone hated.

I found these too.

http://bindingfreedom.com/

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
That's pretty cool though. I'd really like to get into more AT stuff. Never really done too much of it but I'd love to do more off-piste skiing. Some of those vids I saw this last spring of up and around the presidential range were amazing.

wa-loaf

Pretty cool. Gotta wonder what the longevity is. Screw and unscrew something a couple times and stuff starts to get loose.

Puck it

Pretty cool. Gotta wonder what the longevity is. Screw and unscrew something a couple times and stuff starts to get loose.

I agree, but it will only once or twice a year with three skis and two sets of Barons. If the insert loosens then I would think it could be removed and run the tap in hole and re epoxy. Done.

Black Phantom

Yeah Yeah. You knuckle draggers are ahead of the times. :beer:K2 is putting them on the Hell Bent from what I read last night.

Line tried an interchangeable binding scheme a few years back. I think Armada gave it a shot as well.

The binding weighed significantly more than a tradition 2 piece. Never saw anyone on them.

I'd be worried about the holes stripping or the screws pulling out.

Where are you going to test these out lil buddy?

gilligans-island300.jpg

Puck it

Line tried an interchangeable binding scheme a few years back. I think Armada gave it a shot as well.

The binding weighed significantly more than a tradition 2 piece. Never saw anyone on them.

I'd be worried about the holes stripping or the screws pulling out.

Where are you going to test these out lil buddy?

gilligans-island300.jpg

The stipping or pulling out should be no worse than the normal binding screw. The insert is epoxied in and then thread sealant is used.

Anywhere there is snow.

FYi for anyone ordering. Use code ATScrew for 15%. Also if it does not go through with the discount, email the guy and he will crecit it back. I have been emailing with him in the past hour. He is a Phd. also, in mat sci.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
Saw those when they first came out but I can't be bothered. When I want to ski, I want to ski. I don't want to have to unscrew and rescrew in a different binding. It is a great idea. But I don't need a quiver killer... I actually like having a quiver.