• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Camden Snow Bowl Maine - March 14, 2009

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: March 14, 2009

Resort or Ski Area: Camden Snow Bowl

Conditions: Some LG & Hardpack, mostly Spring conditions

Trip Report: We were not going to ski this weekend but got up Saturday morning with an empty feeling... so we quickly did chores and headed off to Camden Snow Bowl in Camden Maine. After a quick search I think this might be the first TR for Camden on AZ since 2005.

Anyway - what an enjoyable day! Camden is community hill by the Atlantic. About 1000 ft vertical, 11 trails, a couple of glades and a pretty solid terrain park... all serviced by a T-Bar to the top and a double chair that goes about 3/4 up. It reminded me a lot of Black Mountain in Rumford... same community vibe.

Conditions were very good. The temps got into the lower 40's softening everything up except the glades. Good cover on the main trails and a bit thin on the non-snowmaking trails, but the snow was soft and it was easy to navigate. I throughly enjoyed getting deep carves with my Dynastar Legend 8000's. I am very pleased with this ski. It has done great in every type of conditions this year.

A good 4 hours of fun! Some pics:

Boy #1 in the Flying Cross
20090314Camden1.jpg

Family ripping it up
20090314Camden2.jpg

Camden's base lodge is a big ol' A-Frame.
20090314Camden3.jpg

Great Views of the Atlantic from the top on this Bluebird day.
20090314Camden7.jpg

Last edited:

Skimaine

Sal, Thanks for the post. I have had the Snow bowl on my list for quite some time, but have never made the trip. I always fear it is going to be icy because of the proximity to the ocean. I need to give the place ago next year.

MrMagic

nicre report and nice pictures will have to make it up there some day

salsgang

Sal, Thanks for the post. I have had the Snow bowl on my list for quite some time, but have never made the trip. I always fear it is going to be icy because of the proximity to the ocean. I need to give the place ago next year.

Yea - I imagine they rarely get a pure snow event. Being that close to the ocean must mean a mixed bag for storms. They had great cover this year however.