• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

1st Round of Golf

ChileMass

Oh boy - no frost delay this morning and I have a 9:18 tee time at the local course for my first round of the season. I am just as excited as for the first ski runs of any winter! However, where skiing is like riding a bike for me, golf requires much finer coordination of technique, and it's easy to play like crap for a while early in the season. Still - I am psyched! The greens will likely stink, but who cares? It's golf season again!!! Any other golfers out there?

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
I used to play a lot more - was even a junior member of the local cc when I was 16. But my clubs have fallen into disarray and now I consider myself lucky if I get to the driving range.

I never did well under the pressure of impatient people behind me.
:roll:

SilentCal

I play for our work's charity golf tournament and that's about it. I am an extreme hacker and can never quite hit the ball straight at all. I used to play a lot more and broke 100 several times and had an eagle on a par 4.
But as you get older, other hobbies pretty much took over. I'm sure some people find it rewarding but if I am going to walk that much outside, I'd rather be out in the woods hiking than in the woods looking for a ball. :roll: