• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

wa-loaf

It's really looking that way unfortunately. Got a whole 6 days in.... Was just prepping the road bike this morning for the season

I don't think you are trying hard enough. Maybe Brian should ban you to the Misc forum with Ctenidae.

hammer

Nashoba is done for the season...the web site says that they may open up on the 17th but I wouldn't count on it. No surprise really.

Should be a good week of spring skiing for those who can get out.

Any guesses on which areas in Central NE will survive past this week?

bheemsoth

Nashoba is done for the season...the web site says that they may open up on the 17th but I wouldn't count on it. No surprise really.

My guess is that Sundown's last day will be the 17th.

Smellytele

Pats peak skied okay yesterday and still 100% open (no glades of course). Bare spots were starting to show at the tops of lifts and a couple of other spots. The runouts at the bottom were slushy and kept throwing me forward almost onto my face. Closing day is 3/25. They should be able to keep most open until then

hiroto

Ski Ward and Bradford are also closed, so Greater Boston area is all done for the season.

wa-loaf

How's Wachusett faring?

Still open, but this weather is going to do a number on them this week. I'd be surprised if they go past next weekend.

Ski Ward opens back up in May with their summer tubing and ski operations.

jimmywilson69

Ski Rountop closed yesterday. They had a decent season, once they were finally able to open a few days before 12/31.

I am sure they operated in the Red, but they still made snow when they could. As it always is, Ski Linerty and Ski Whitetail carry roudtop because they are closer to Washington DC and are mobbed with people on the weekends.

Bene288

Gore mountain officials told me they're trying to stay open to Easter Sunday (April 8th).

legalskier

I avoid night skiing but this weather is making me reconsider. Once the sun goes down the snow might be a little less slushy.

kt_Blue-Mountain-Resort-Night-Skiing.jpg

Edd

Skied Wildcat yesterday and I'm at Cannon right now. Hopefully BW tomorrow if the rain holds off. Get out now is my advice. The last 2 days have been awesome but I'm definitely worried looking at coverage. Cannon seems in better shape than Wildcat.

MadPadraic

Life conspired to cancel my Cannon trip on Sunday and I ended up at Nashoba. It was my first time there, and they deserve a major shout out. They ran all their lifts till 5pm even though they could have gotten by (servicing all terrain) with just 2. They had no lines, a decent live act, and very happy vibe. Also, they had posted on their website that they were honoring virtually everything (midweek passes, coupons that wouldn't normally apply, etc).

Obviously, their skiing product is what it is due to geography, but they put in a lot of effort on the last day to making it a great time.