• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2012 Closings

Angus

Life conspired to cancel my Cannon trip on Sunday and I ended up at Nashoba. It was my first time there, and they deserve a major shout out.

I drove by there one night before Feb vacation and it was raining hard with only the adult ski racers on the hill...every lift was running. Agreed.

Does anyone know if they blew a ton of snow for a June rail jam like they did last year?

OysterRiver Colin

Appears that Magic has posted on their website that Saturday 3/24 is their closing. I wonder if they make it beyond this wknd though to be honest.

Edd

I'm at Attitash now because the forecast looked a bit better than BW. Tell you what, I'm enjoying these conditions. Woo hoo!

BenedictGomez

Appears that Magic has posted on their website that Saturday 3/24 is their closing. I wonder if they make it beyond this wknd though to be honest.

Looks like a bunch of places will close around then, which is also around when seasonal temperatures will return. The way this Murphy's Law winter has happened, you just KNOW there's going to be a 12 inch dump between March 26th and April 1st, after places have closed.

jrmagic

They still have excellent coverage on the snowmaking trails and many natural trails had snow as well this past Sunday so I think they have a reasonable chance of making it to the 24th.

Angus

just saw this posted on WaWa's website...

Spring is in the air but snow is still on the ground! To save our snow for the weekend, we will be closed on Wednesday, March 14 and Thursday, March 15 and reopening Friday, March 16 at 9 a.m. Join us for our St. Patrick's Green Day Celebration on Saturday.

mlkrgr

just saw this posted on WaWa's website...

Spring is in the air but snow is still on the ground! To save our snow for the weekend, we will be closed on Wednesday, March 14 and Thursday, March 15 and reopening Friday, March 16 at 9 a.m. Join us for our St. Patrick's Green Day Celebration on Saturday.

Wouldn't be surprised if they are done by the end of this coming weekend based on what I saw 3/12; maybe a day or two longer if they get aggressive w/ pushing around snow but even the sentiment with passholders is the season is toast in a few days or after the weekend and then they will have to go up North to get there fill.

pobrien

Rode the lift with Attitash's GM last weekend. Said they're going to try to make it until April 1, but I'm dubious. They had a big melt-off last week, and it's even warmer this week. I'm sure it's going to start getting pretty bare when I get up there Saturday.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Yikes (MRG webcam), not closed but not looking good at all. :(

static_pic.php

LiquidFeet

Yikes (MRG webcam), not closed but not looking good at all. :(

static_pic.php

Skied MadRiverGlen yesterday. Great soft snow bumps on the narrow trails, but with lots of brown spots on the lower mountain. How much brown there was depended on exposure; some open trails were well-covered, especially up top, but most had brown spots no matter where you went, and there were some totally brown trails. There was corn at the base in the afternoon, along with soup. Sticky/gloppy/compressible in the woods. The flats were intermittently grippy as if embedded with glue. Lots of fun!