• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

3/12 Jinx Thread

BenedictGomez

wait wasn’t too bad (but I was also in the singles line)

I refuse to do this. I wasn't a single, and in my world there's a special place in hell for people who arent singles who use the singles lane to cut the wait to 10% of what it should be, but we've had that conversation 100x before on this board & it's probably not worth another go.

MidnightJester

So thank you to the Non-Jinx storm for Northern VT of 3/12/22.. :) What a trip to say the least. 865 miles round trip driving 16.5mpg average, From Long Island to the Canadian border and back. Sunday 7+hrs to Jay peak, Monday at Stowe and Tuesday at Smugglers Notch. Thank you Thatguy for one of the most amazing tag-team snow adventures in Northern VT.

Slept in truck 2 nights + camping stove & pan that made
3 Jimmy dean breakfast bowls + 4 Waffles(personal pre-made Belgium 1 1/2" thick) + 2 slices of Sicilian pizza + 1 sandwich & coffee coffee coffee

56 Runs total (32 Glade/tree trails)

Sunday @ Jay Peak 20+" powder (15 runs including 12 glade runs)
Canyon Land x2
Beaver Pond Glade
Everglades x2
Kokomo x3
Vertigo
Hells Woods
Showoff Glades
Boniaventure Glades

Monday @ Stowe 17" powder (18 runs including 11 glade runs)
Nose Dive glades x2
Glade return
High Hazard zone outskirts x2
Christies glades x3 +1 extension in woods
Ridge glades
Unknown tree dive-in

Tuesday @ Smuggler Notch 19"+ powder-ish lol (23 runs including 9 glade runs) conditions improved as day warmed up
Bermuda glades (low elevation was ugly & scary caused by early drizzle and freeze) 1st run 9amish too fast and solid crust on thick mashed potatoes
Three mountain glades x2
Moonshiner glades
Shakedown glades
Deer run glades x2
Highlander glades
"Side-country"
Birthday bowl side hike (middle entrance "rebar wall" with final approx 3/4mile route 108 road snowboard ride back slow at times :) (from Sterling bottom lift-start to back at Smugglers Sterling lift start in 50 minutes) Sterling lift 14minutes + hike up 8minutes + hike back from route 108 notch gate to parking lot 1 onto trail 7miutes

Last edited:

ThatGuy

C9959CB5-123F-4E64-9F19-C8CC0B653E50.jpeg
Jay and Stowe were some epic pow days, seems like Smuggs delivered as well.
Great meeting you, we’ll ski together again