• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A beer or drink at Lunch, a warming shot on the Lift, a sip in the Woods. Do you?? Don't you?? How far have you seen a person drink and Ski or ride??

Riverskier

As for weed, when I was young I was stoned pretty much all day every day, and a safety meeting was an integral part of the ski day. These days I will eat a low dose edible a couple nights a week when home for the evening, but that's about it.

drjeff

The alveoli in one's lungs (the "transition" bodies that exchange the built up CO2 in the deoxygenated blood returning from their trip around your circulatory system for freshly inhaled O2) really aren't a big fan of prolonged exposure to hot air/smoke.

Hence why fire victims often have lung issues secondary to smoke inhalation. The type of smoke isn't as much of an issue as the heat itself. That's just basic physiology that can lead to lungs that are "stiffer" and thus have a more difficult time with the CO2/O2 exchange that we need to effectively oxygenate our blood

Riverskier

Dr Jeff, I haven't been on here in years, but do recall your rather draconian view on marijuana. Clearly any inhalation of smoke is at least somewhat harmful for your lungs, so no argument from me there. That said, what is your opinion on edibles? I do value your opinion as a doctor, unlike Granite who clearly has reefer madness playing on repeat.

snoseek

The alveoli in one's lungs (the "transition" bodies that exchange the built up CO2 in the deoxygenated blood returning from their trip around your circulatory system for freshly inhaled O2) really aren't a big fan of prolonged exposure to hot air/smoke.

Hence why fire victims often have lung issues secondary to smoke inhalation. The type of smoke isn't as much of an issue as the heat itself. That's just basic physiology that can lead to lungs that are "stiffer" and thus have a more difficult time with the CO2/O2 exchange that we need to effectively oxygenate our blood
This goes back to me rather hitting 3 or four pokes of VAPOR off a cartridge vs traditionally 15 or 20 hits off a joint. Its not the same. Same goes for nicotine TBH VS someone killing 20 or 25 lung darts per day.

The edible crowd probably wins. IDK though if I want to get high I usually want it to happen quickly and go away quicker. Edibles are too committing for me.

Smellytele

Dr Jeff, I haven't been on here in years, but do recall your rather draconian view on marijuana. Clearly any inhalation of smoke is at least somewhat harmful for your lungs, so no argument from me there. That said, what is your opinion on edibles? I do value your opinion as a doctor, unlike Granite who clearly has reefer madness playing on repeat.
He is a dentist

JimG.

Staff member
This goes back to me rather hitting 3 or four pokes of VAPOR off a cartridge vs traditionally 15 or 20 hits off a joint. Its not the same. Same goes for nicotine TBH VS someone killing 20 or 25 lung darts per day.

The edible crowd probably wins. IDK though if I want to get high I usually want it to happen quickly and go away quicker. Edibles are too committing for me.
I agree about the nature of the commitment with edibles. However the edible formulations and results have become very consistent.

I'm a dry leaf vaporizer guy. I like to buy a bag of nice unmolested buds. I don't like processed cannabis any more than processed food.

Just my personal preference.

deadheadskier

Staff member
The thing I have grown to prefer about edibles is how precise they've gotten with the dosages and blends. Once I fully committed to edibles only as a medium and became experienced with them, I pretty much know exactly what to expect. The variety of products available are great. The dispensaries in Mass and Maine have something for whatever mood your in. Nevermind the variety of sweets used as a base. Win/win

drjeff

If the heat isn't there, the research shows that there really isn't any harm in moderation, and likely multiple benefits

raisingarizona

Try 2.5 to 5 mg every two to four hours during the day. I barely even feel the affects other than having zero anxiety. I’ll eat more when I’m desiring a stronger buzz.

raisingarizona

A dentist is a doctor by most definitions. Frankly I dont care, just saying he has honest/informed opinions, even if I disagree. Granite on the other hand is essentially a troll.
Yup. That dude isn’t worth your time. He probably gets all hot listening to Alex Jones.

deadheadskier

Staff member

Smellytele

I smoke but never to quell anxiety. Don’t need it for self medication. Sativa only for the most part.
Don’t like edibles as I don’t like the wait for the buzz nor not knowing when the buzz will hit or end.

Vter

May I assume that you didn’t like late ‘70’s 4-way or Orange Sunshine. 😝

NYDB

I agree about the nature of the commitment with edibles. However the edible formulations and results have become very consistent.

I'm a dry leaf vaporizer guy. I like to buy a bag of nice unmolested buds. I don't like processed cannabis any more than processed food.

Just my personal preference.
I'm an sativa edibles guy now mostly but do vape now and then.

I have a crafty from storz-bickel that vaporizes flower. what are you using?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Before switching completely to edibles, I was using a Pax 2 for vaporizing flower. Worked pretty well

BodeMiller1

A dentist is a doctor by most definitions. Frankly I dont care, just saying he has honest/informed opinions, even if I disagree. Granite on the other hand is essentially a troll.
Are you kidding me, just when I think all is well on the internet. Dentists are not Doctors.

Doctors save lives. Dentists bill you until you cry foul. Also, doctors donate lots of hours to save bears. Dentists don't like bears.

Attachments

• NO.jpg
    NO.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2

BodeMiller1

Northern lsyspotted Red Salamander.

Meow Indeed

Attachments

• red-salamander-002.jpg
    red-salamander-002.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 0