• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

A weed edible & a puff booting up at the car, A passed joint or bowl on the lift or just smoking trees in the trees : ) What? Where? and When?

urungus

Never been to Reggaefest, is there a lot of public smoking going on, or does Sugarloaf have a strict policy about that ? It is legal in Maine right

IMG_2854.jpeg

LuckyStrike

Never been to Reggaefest, is there a lot of public smoking going on, or does Sugarloaf have a strict policy about that ? It is legal in Maine right

I smelled some today but didn’t see anyone outright smoking it. Guess I’ll have a better answer after tonight’s shows. Most people seem to be trying to drink the most bitter beer they can find up here. I haven’t got much of party vibe so far. That said, I cannot believe how many dispensaries I passed by on the drive up. Seems Maine is relying on cannabis to drive their economy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Whether reggae fest or not, I've run into people puffing outside the bars there at night almost every time I've been there in the past twenty years. Never seen anyone hassled.

LuckyStrike

It was pretty much a drunk kid fest. Mosh pit at a reggae show? Not for me. I found a spot behind the band at widowmaker and rode my trip out. Amazing band. Amazing energy. Looking forward to the slopes and bands tonight.
The band was Annie in the Water btw

basseyforce

Hey, sounds like you're enjoying some laid-back moments with your weed edibles and puffing up in the car or on the lift! It's all about finding your perfect spot and time to indulge in nature's goodness. By the way, if you're looking for options to support your furry friend, best CBD for dogs with arthritis is worth considering. It's important to choose high-quality products that are specifically formulated for pets. Happy toking and take care of your pup too!

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

I guess I like to get stoned pretty much anywhere: Federal Land, State, city, town and private land.

I like to smoke with like-minded people. We consider ourselves to be "COOL". If you don't partake can you be cool. No, ...

What I need:

1. BIC lighter
  2. Water Pipe with at least one ice self.
  3. I can't remember this one.
  4. At least 3 kinds of weed.
  5. Something to drink. (This is very important, beer works, butt I prefer coffee.
  6. I like to smoke with nice women. In the morning blonds, butt I like to smoke with Red or black hair at night.
  7. Water and ice to pass the smoke through. (bong water)
  8. High- Powered Sleeper car. just in case.
  9. I never smoke in front of kids.
  10. A view. Need me a wide-open view to take in.
  11. Snacks
  12. Randy Strople
  13. Fire, maybe red oak with maple wood. Built on stones, not hard to do in these parts.
edit: Back up pen, just in case of a wind outage.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

Ski resorts have always attracted people who want to have fun. An odd part of the population want to risk injury to slide on snow. Sugar Loaf USA came out with a marketing video 15 years ago or so, and they said it best. A family was staying in a lodge and were kept up by the noise of the rockers. The father asked "who's in charge here?" the reply, "Isn't it obvious no one is in charge".

Attachments

• NO.jpg
    NO.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 5

BodeMiller1

The drug laws in The United States have a racist component. Weed is the best example, first the Mexican farm laborers; then Black jazz musicians.
Also, penalties for crack as opposed to powder cocaine.

Where people come down on this issue is mostly along generational (age). Younger folks are in favor of The Weed being controlled, butt only to a point. Old people consider it a hard drug. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Who is right? It doesn't matter because old people die off.

File under "Sad, butt true".

Automatic for the people

Attachments

• REM.jpg
    REM.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 1

BodeMiller1

View attachment 57957
If you look carefully at the above picture, it's easy to see weed icons. (With a trained eye). See the moosey on the back of the gondola. His feet are not touching the ground. That's about it.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Is Granite named Dan and recently moved to Salt Lake City?

• Haha
Reactions: Edd

KustyTheKlown

unofficial networks is so bad i can't tell if that's a real letter or just a swingandamiss at satire

Edd

Is Granite named Dan and recently moved to Salt Lake City?

He's a "renowned health advocate" but signs it "Dan"? May want to lay down credentials or at least your last name if you're flexing like that.

urungus

I’m pretty sure all their letters to the editor are “satire” here is another

Hawk

I don't exactly have a feel for states like Utah. Mostly conservative but with a huge influx of new people with new ideas? What inpact does weed actually have on the randome passerby? Is the issue really that big? Do kids really see this kind of thing and deside they want to do it?

Where I skied in VT and ME, it was always wide spread but people did not make a big deal about it. Have things changed or is this just some randome kook that has some kind of ax to grind that does not really understand ? I don't know, make a rule and people will just ignore it? In the case of weed, isn't that what people have done for the last 70 years of skiing?