• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Are you a vegetarian?

ComeBackMudPuddles

Alicia Silverstone and Peta have created quite the stir in Houston according to this article.

32665175.jpg

I'd hit it with my kosher Salami..haha..

As for being a vegeterian..I'll be a vegeterian for a meal and maybe even a day..but I like bacon, burger, steak, elk, deer, antelope, buffalo, chicken, lamb, and dinosaur meat too much to be vegetarian..vegetarians think a marinated mushroom tastes like steak...no it tastes like a mushroom dipped in soy sauce. But I think eating peiple is wrong..unless they're assholes..lol

ctenidae

If by "vegetarian" you mean "will eat things that eat vegetables," then yes.
Otherwise, not so much.

drjeff

If by "vegetarian" you mean "will eat things that eat vegetables," then yes.
Otherwise, not so much.

I resemble that remark! For me, PETA definately means People Eating Tasty Animals!

BTW, if it wasn't for PETA adds/publicity would Alicia Silverstone actually have done anything since the 90's???? In my mind though she'll be forever engrained as the schoolgirl rebel along with Liv Tyler in Aerosmith's Cryin' video ;)

BeanoNYC

Some would call me a vegetarian but I'll eat fish once or twice a month (Mostly shellfish.) Other than that I don't eat any meat what-so-ever. As for Alicia...this makes her even hotter to me.

Dr Skimeister

My youngest daughter went vegetarian about 2 years ago. We've made some excellent vegetarian meals from cookbooks she's accumulated. The vegetarian chili and a vegetarian lasagna we make are better than the meat varieties of these we've made. It's kind of sad to hear the distain aimed at vegetarians by some.

Mildcat

My youngest daughter went vegetarian about 2 years ago. We've made some excellent vegetarian meals from cookbooks she's accumulated. The vegetarian chili and a vegetarian lasagna we make are better than the meat varieties of these we've made. It's kind of sad to hear the distain aimed at vegetarians by some.

I don't think it's disdain against vegetarians. I think it's more of a disdain against the view that eating meat is wrong.

dmc

I ate vegitarian for a few years... It was a tough lifestyle..
It has taught me that I do not need to eat meat all the time..

I can see myself trying it again...

BeanoNYC

I ate vegitarian for a few years... It was a tough lifestyle..
It has taught me that I do not need to eat meat all the time..

I can see myself trying it again...

Don't know how long ago you did it but I don't find it hard, at all. Most restaurants offer something to accommodate and there are so many companies that cater specific to vegetarians that my shopping cart if always full with more than just produce and oven pizzas. I found it to be one of the easiest life changes I ever made.

they may be - but they are really "jesting" someones lifestyle..

Maybe it just doesn't bother me. If it comes up, most people are more interested in how I do it than in slinging insults. Then again...I'm not very "preachy" about it. I went out for dinner and drinks with ALLSKIING and his family, last year. I was a little tentative, at first, because they didn't know my eating habits but they didn't make me feel uncomfortable at all. It wasn't until I got a buzz on and started doing the sprinkler, on the dance floor, that they started making fun of me.

dmc

Don't know how long ago you did it but I don't find it hard, at all. Most restaurants offer something to accommodate and there are so many companies that cater specific to vegetarians that my shopping cart if always full with more than just produce and oven pizzas. I found it to be one of the easiest life changes I ever made.

It was about 10 years ago...
Resturants were easy...

I started to eat too much cheese and stuff that makes me fat.. there are a lot more options these days for sure..

I love black bean burgers...