• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Corn Harvest Meetup (04/12 or 04/13?) - Who's In?

Edd

The 13th is a possibility for me at Cannon, too. It'd be the first non-weekday this season that I've skied.

JDMRoma

Id have no interest in Tram line but Kinsman may be ok...... If Mittersill is still open there is some really interesting glades over there that would be equally if not more fun than Kinsman without the hike back :)

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never skied Kinsman or Tramline. Would love to ski either if still in play. What's the hike back over to Zoomer? 5 minutes?

JDMRoma

Never skied Kinsman or Tramline. Would love to ski either if still in play. What's the hike back over to Zoomer? 5 minutes?

Yes no big deal on the hike back to zoomer.......My only concern in Kinsman is exposure to sun and being down to grass in some spots.
I could be totally wrong but I think I remember some areas that opened up in the tree line that may be interesting.And yes they are Both Closed right now....technically that is.
Just from skiing Middle Hardscrabble on Friday, totally skiable but was showing signs of sun wear in a few spots......with the width of the trail you could easily get around them......

Savemeasammy

I would be surprised if Tramline is still skiable. Xwhaler and I skied it a few weeks ago, and even with good coverage it was still sketchy in spots. I would guess it would require a bit of hiking... (Which might be a bit difficult!).

I will hope for mittersill...!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDMRoma

Well there certainly wasn't much melting going on and Id say the glades will be in play for some time once it warms up.
Scratch my comments on Kinsman.......but no idea on tramline !
This morning was like Full on Winter in January......but finally warmed after lunch.
Had yet another great day with Puckit and Cannonball !

MadMadWorld

Yes no big deal on the hike back to zoomer.......My only concern in Kinsman is exposure to sun and being down to grass in some spots.
I could be totally wrong but I think I remember some areas that opened up in the tree line that may be interesting.And yes they are Both Closed right now....technically that is.
Just from skiing Middle Hardscrabble on Friday, totally skiable but was showing signs of sun wear in a few spots......with the width of the trail you could easily get around them......

The grass just helps you keep your speed down.

JDMRoma

They did in the Birches for sure.

I swear those tree's jumped out in front of me.....

Im ready to hit the Birches again.....well figuratively this time ! But on the bright side I do know how
to remove embedded tree bark from my jacket :)

MadMadWorld

Well I think it's official Sunday April 13th at Cannon. Join the cool kids for some runs

Last edited: