• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bacon: Chewy or Crunchy?

Greg

Staff member
Breakfast for dinner tonight so while I was frying up some perfect bacon, it got me wondering. I imagine most people like it crunchy. I'm a chewy guy. If bacon is so cooked that it's brittle and falls apart, it's overcooked in my opinion. I cook it slow and pull it just when the edges get crispy. You?

No corrrect answer here as we all know bacon threads rule. :razz:

wa-loaf

Thick cut and cooked almost to the point of falling apart, but not. If that's not available, any other style of bacon will do. :-D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I like a combo of both. If you can hold it by an end and the bacon does not flop but is still somewhat chewy, that is perfect. We use Hormel Black Label to fantastic results.

WJenness

agree with wa-loaf.

I like it to be crispy, but not burnt or falling apart... It's a delicate line.

-w

Geoff

Singleton's Market, Proctorsville, VT smokehouse bacon. It wouild be criminal to cook it until it is crunchy.

Grocery store bacon sucks

Warp Daddy

BACON --------- M'mmmm Bacon , crunchy is corn potato bacon chowder , chewy with my eggs -----------Want Bacon NOW !!! -- any farkin way is OK by me :D

My Dr ( the Bacon Nazi ) says NO MORE Bacon for you Warpski u gotta get over Bacon -

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
BACON --------- M'mmmm Bacon , crunchy is corn potato bacon chowder , chewy with my eggs -----------Want Bacon NOW !!! -- any farkin way is OK by me :D

My Dr ( the Bacon Nazi ) says NO MORE Bacon for you Warpski u gotta get over Bacon -

What about nitrite-/nitrate-free bacon?

More expensive, but tastes better anyway (and better for you).