• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

best full helmet

savior

what is the best helmet that covers the side of the head, similar to this one (http://www.snowshack.com/machjrfuhe.html) --
I am using the helmet as an example, I would not fit into JR sizes

I am sorry if you have gotten this question asked numerous times, i have looked over the forum and have not come across a definite answer

please keep in mind that I am 18 years old and have a tight budget

Hawkshot99

May I ask why you are set on a full helmet? If it isnt for racing, there is no need to only have a full. Half helmets are very warm, and probally more comfortable.

If you are set on a full helmet, I am personelly a big fan of Giro. A good priced option would be the Sesriere. It is a basic plastic shell, full helmet.
http://giro.com/main.html

dl

Website
www.orbtialskiing.com
Snowshack has the Giro Talon which is also a great helmet. As noted above, it would help to know if you are looking for a helmet for racing. Will you need a chin bar? Is this just personal preference?

Note that all helmets, in order to be approved for sale in the US, have to go through the same set of tests regardless of the style (full or 2/3 shell).

You might try sending a quick note to the guys at Snowshack too as they may be able to recommend something.

tree_skier

I have a giro talon on order the benifit of the talon over the strief or Sesriere is it has vents. ASC employees have a special deal on giro's. bleow wholesale, but only one per year.

Warp Daddy

My wife and i both bought Giro talons last season --awesome looking brainbucket , feels great , warm but can be easily vented if needed . I had Boeri custom designed helmet and a Briko before but prefer the TALON

Hawkshot99

I have a giro talon on order the benifit of the talon over the strief or Sesriere is it has vents. ASC employees have a special deal on giro's. bleow wholesale, but only one per year.

I dont think he can use this helmet for racing. I may be wrong on this, but I was told helmets are not allowed to have vents for racing. The talon is a nice helmet however.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I dont think he can use this helmet for racing. I may be wrong on this, but I was told helmets are not allowed to have vents for racing. The talon is a nice helmet however.

Yeah, that would be bad if a gate pole speared your head through a vent.

I have an Acerbis, and I love it, I don't know if they're in business anymore though. I wouldn't trade the way mine fits for anything.