• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best resort for renting a LARGE ski house?

gores95

First of all Happy New Year everyone! :beer:

Our neighbors here in North Jersey are talking about renting a ski house for a long weekend sometime in the next couple of months. We are talking seven families: 14 adults and 18 kids.

We would probably need at least 7 BR's, hopefully even bigger. Any ski areas come to mind with this type of lodging? My first inclination was Killington but a couple of families suggested Stowe. I think somewhere in VT would be first choice.

Close to the slopes is preferred. Are we better off looking for one large house or several condo's, rooms, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Marc

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
without knowing more, kmart is a good bet. lots of nightlife and alternative to skiing options for a large group to explore. not my type of experience, but sounds like it might be the way to go for your needs.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
There's a huge house near Snow that sounds like it would suit your needs very well. It's called "DJ's house" and it's on a road that comes out right next to the Mother Goose Inn. Ask any liftie up there, they've all partied there or at least heard of it. I stayed there last year, it's very nice. Don't know about availability though. Still worth checking out.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The one at Stowe will cost you an arm and a leg :roll: How about the Mad River Valley? Noski, any advice?

skifastinvt

I've also been looking for a ski house for a large group (not quite as large as yours). You may have a tough time finding one place that can fit everyone in your group under one roof. If you are willing to look a little smaller, One suggestion is: http://www.garrisoninnofeastburke.com/ in Burke. I have stayed there when it was operated as an inn...very nice.

I've seen this place online...it looks amazine, though I have never stayed there: http://www.sundayriverrentals.com/default.asp.

Cyber rentals is also a nice place to find rentals. After my long search, I am going to go with North Conway (lots of things to do for non-skiers). Look into the Red Jacket in North Conway. It's a nice family resort hotel that also has townhouses if you want something more than a hotel room. We're looking forward to our trip in March. Good luck!

RossiSkier

We rented a large, very affordable A frame house from this site www.vermontproperty.com. The house we rented was at Mount Snow, but there are listings for all sizes of houses and all the major resorts in Vermont.

noski

thetrailboss said:
The one at Stowe will cost you an arm and a leg :roll: How about the Mad River Valley? Noski, any advice?
Thanks for remember that the MRV is GREAT value (ahem, r1vercoil... :wink:) Let me poke around. I know the Garrison could do this. They have large condos with tons of bunk beds and indoor pool. I do have to poke around some though and will post in a day or two. I am busy watching a Monk-athon right now... Happy New Year, all!

Rushski

Throw Stratton and Okemo into the mix as they have a glut of large condos, many oversized and slopeside to boot. Price mat be high, but between that many people, wouldn't be too bad.

As for Killington, personally I love the place and have never got bored of it, but I'm married W/O kids and enjoy the nightlife. Sounds like your group doesn't plan on hitting the Wobbly, Picle or other bars...

gores95

Thanks all. I actually found a few homes on frbo.com and cyberrentals.com. We are not looking to spend too much and a few of the larger homes are very expensive (esp in Southern VT). We may end up going in mid-March when prices come down a bit.