• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Big east hoops!!!!!

campgottagopee

Not a good weekend for either one of us Doc-----we'll see you guys soon though, should be a fun game

Dr Skimeister

I watched two different Big East games Saturday and I was impressed with the play of the winners of each. I caught the end of the Marquette-DePaul game, and even though DePaul is definitely a lower tier team I think that Marquette is a force to watched as we head through the conference schedule and into the tourney. And UCONN stayed in it's game against a pesky Notre Dame to get a good win on Saturday night. The Huskies are BIG and can control an inside game as they need to, but can also play the perimeter as the need arises.

We got us one good basketball conference!!

campgottagopee

I saw that Gtown game too---like you pointed out it seems as though the Big East has a lot more shooters than in years past. We've always been known for bangin' down low and not for our shooters. This year seems EVERY team has both. Gtown got us with the 3's and yesterday so did Lville and Notre Dame has always rained 3's!!!

drjeff

One of the orthodontists I refer to (he happens to hold 3 degrees from UCONN and is a season ticket holder to BOTH the mens and womens hoops teams), just asked me today if I wanted to go down for a day with him to the Big East tourney later this month. SERIOUSLY considering that offer as that should be one heck of a tourney especially with how many Big East teams are playing some seriously good hoops right now!

Dr Skimeister

One of the orthodontists I refer to (he happens to hold 3 degrees from UCONN and is a season ticket holder to BOTH the mens and womens hoops teams), just asked me today if I wanted to go down for a day with him to the Big East tourney later this month. SERIOUSLY considering that offer as that should be one heck of a tourney especially with how many Big East teams are playing some seriously good hoops right now!

As good as your Huskies are playing right now I hope that for your sake that you guys pick a day that UCONN is playing. With the expanded tourney now bringing every Big East team to NYC, the best teams (top 8?) get byes in the first TWO rounds.

drjeff

As good as your Huskies are playing right now I hope that for your sake that you guys pick a day that UCONN is playing. With the expanded tourney now bringing every Big East team to NYC, the best teams (top 8?) get byes in the first TWO rounds.

Even if my Huskies aren't playing that day, heck with how the Big East is stacked right now, as a hoops fan, I'm bound to get to see some good stuff.

I still though am well aware that as well as the Huskies are playing right now, sometiem this month, inevitably they're going to lay and egg :mad: I just hope that the egg gets laid BEFORE tourney time! Even the local papers around here that practically bleed UCONN Blue are wondering if Calhoun has the team peaking too early.

The other thing college hoops wise that I find is wild right now is if you looked at the parity of the schools in BOTH the mens and womens AP top 5 right now. Mens 1=UCONN 2=Oklahoma 3=UNC 4=Duke 5=Louisville Womens 1=UCONN 2=Oklahoma 3=Cal 4=Duke 5=Louisville 4 out of the 5 schools are the same and even in the same ranked positions right now!

campgottagopee

Things are a bit sketchy right now for my Mountaineers. A good showing against the Orange tonight is essential.

I'll admit I poked around today looking at NIT tickets..........

*shrug*

Think you're a bit premature with the NIT---lots of BE play to be had and WV has had a tough schedule that sould be taken into account.

YOU BETTER GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dr Skimeister

Good win tonight, Camp....

We've lost 3 of our last 4. Got Pitt and 'nova next week. Huggins better light some fire under these guys or even the NIT might be a reach.

campgottagopee

Good win tonight, Camp....

We've lost 3 of our last 4. Got Pitt and 'nova next week. Huggins better light some fire under these guys or even the NIT might be a reach.

Well we won but not due to stellar play, well at least the first half---UGLY by both teams. Would've been a diff game if you guys could've made some shots---the dome is a tough place to shoot.

I know about those losing streches. We went from 16-1, to 17-5 real fast!!!

I REALLY like that Ebanks kid---he's gonna be something!!!

Dr Skimeister

A big problem we've had this year is with fouls-on both committing too many and not being able to take advantage of the charity stripe when we're fouled.

Yea, Ebanks looks like the real deal. Only a true freshman, it will be fun to watch him develop. I especially like Alex Ruoff, but have been disappointed with his lack of leadership as the only starting senior.