• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bike Log

bruno

regular ol' commutin' the past few days! man o man, do i need to clean up my commuter whip!! guess i should wait til this weather passes though!!!!!

good times!!!!!:snow: :flag: :-D :cool: :lol: :dunce: :daffy: :beer:

cbcbd

Was out in Trumbull with my roommate yesterday for about 4 hours... what a freakin perfect day!!!! Everyone was out yesterday just having an awesome time. We took a rope swinging/cliff jumping break... refreshing...
Not too muddy.

It was so good that after I rode and left to go visit my folks, I went back there to ride some more before calling it a day.

bvibert

Staff member
I went out for my first ride of the season at my local haunt yesterday. It was an awesome day to be out, the trails were still a little muddy in spots but still mostly ridable without causing trail damage.

cbcbd

Marc, how far away are you from Stamford? Motivate me to get up in the early AM to go riding :D

Mianus saw a lot of pockets of erosion from the rain but in all it's still in good shape. I've been scoping out the place more to get all the good lines down.

SKIQUATTRO

1st ride of the season yesterday, sits bones are feeling it today!! 20mi yesterday morning, 4 mile run at lunch, then a quick 6 mile ride home from the office yesterday evening....

mlctvt

This weather is awesome. Got in a road bike ride for the last 3 days, 25-35 miles per day. Average MPH (16.2-16.5 MPH) is still slow for these rides even though it is hilly , got a few extra pounds to work off ;-)
I'm becomming one of those "OLD guys who get fat in winter" althought this winter I skied 34 days and I'm a little better off than in previous springs.

bruno

regular ol' commute, but this mornin' was sho' 'nuff WET!!!! whoa!!! glad i brought some dry duds as it started pourin' like the dickens 'bout halfway to work!!!

good times though!!!!!!!!:flag: :snow: :smash: :lol: :-D :cool: :beer: :dunce: :daffy:

Last edited:

jplynch019

Hey Bruno, how about some stats?

How far is the commute?
Are you still riding the fixed gear?
How can we persuade you to step up to the world of high-speed road riding?
What's the next step up for you (long distance, multi-day ride where you will show the world what you've got?

Is there blood in the streets in the town of New Haven?

bruno

How far is the commute?
Are you still riding the fixed gear?
How can we persuade you to step up to the world of high-speed road riding?
What's the next step up for you (long distance, multi-day ride where you will show the world what you've got?

Is there blood in the streets in the town of New Haven?

hey jp! daily commute is 23 mi. r/t shortest route--avg. speed around 15-18 mph (and don't nothin' stop me, i ride in rain and wind and snow).
mostly fixed gear commutin' and in town errands..
i ride my geared whip on longer rides. (did 80 or so west of boston a few days ago)--avg. speed around 20-22 over hill and dale.
next week i'm gonna ride that 5 boro little ride in nyc just so i can ride over the verrazano narrows bridge and drink beer afterwards at the party on staten island.
i really like ridin' kinda fast through traffic in manhattan and cruisin' central park lookin' at bikes and girls.
i just ride for fun, but can go pretty fast when i want to. i'm tryin' to ride 10,000 miles this year. i rode a little over 6000 last year.
i want to perfect my unicycle skills as well.
i may go to thailand to ride this summer.

that's pretty much my cyclin' resume.:beer: :spread: :flag: :snow: :daffy: :smile: :grin: :) :razz:

Last edited:

jplynch019

Narrows Bridge

Riding over that bridge should be wild. Been to Thailand once. Definitely don't drink the water or you will be paying for weeks! (first hand experience on that one)

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
Cbcbd..I'm on the hudson side of westchester..so 35-40 mins or so with no traffic to stamford. (Unfortunately I think at 7 a.m. there will be plenty of traffic!)..

Rode 62 miles on the road down in Miami on saturday. Awesome ride...from South Beach out to Key Biscayne, Coconut grove and then back up A1a to the Avenutura area and back down to SoBe. Should be out in the woods tomorrow morning at 7:40 for an hour.

marcski

Had a glorious ride this morning out in the woods for 75 mins or so of non-stop hard-as* riding, rocks, boulders, log rolls, ladders and some awesome hills.

Should get out tomorrow a.m. at 7 and also sat and sun afternoons....with some trail work on sat during the ride. Need to rebuild the bridge that got washed away during the 8" deluge a few weeks ago.

Goblin84

Did 25 miles today in some decently heavy winds. man am I out of shape. I am still feeling pretty bad shoulder pain but will probably just bike through it.

Will be down in westchester next week getting some rides in! Thanks Marc for the routes!

marcski

No Problem, Goblin..PM me if you'd like me to clarify some of those....there are some good hills in those rides I told you about...Nothing extremely long..but lots of up and down.

Got out Friday and Saturday mornings. Trails are in great shape now that they've dried out from the deluge two weeks ago. Plan on getting out for a nice ride this afternoon as well.

Edit: Road bike should be ready on Tuesday...Yeah....but our schedules might not work out goblin...

Goblin84

im bringing the bike down, we will see what kind of shape im in. shoulder/arm/hand has had that pins and needles feeling for a couple days not (i assume thats not good?)

marcski

Got out again yesterday afternoon. Went over to Graham Hills Park to mix things up a bit. Was out on the trails for about 90 minutes....pretty much non-stop. Man, I'm beyond beat. 4 days of Mtn Biking in a row. Plus, if you include my runs....I've worked out now 5 days in a row, 6 out of the last 7. I'm resting today. Hopefully, mtn, bike tomorrow and road ride wednesday if all things work out!.