• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blizzard Titan Eight

smootharc

Anyone with direct experience or feedback on these boards ? I've read reviews, heard some good things, and would appreciate any additional data as I try to compile everything on this board. Think it would fit a niche nicely in my board line-up.

highpeaksdrifter

smootharc said:
Anyone with direct experience or feedback on these boards ? I've read reviews, heard some good things, and would appreciate any additional data as I try to compile everything on this board. Think it would fit a niche nicely in my board line-up.

Never been on a Blizzard ski, but they had a nice review in Skiing. 80mm underfoot should give you lots of terrain and condition options. I love how 80 is the new 70. Ski technology is a wonderful thing. What else you got in your line up?

smootharc

highpeaksdrifter said:
smootharc said:

Never been on a Blizzard ski, but they had a nice review in Skiing. 80mm underfoot should give you lots of terrain and condition options. I love how 80 is the new 70. Ski technology is a wonderful thing. What else you got in your line up?

Head IM 88 - 186's - big powder, off-piste, crud, and, lastly groomers. But a turn radius that's a bit big for tighter Eastern trees.

K2 Axis, 192's (I think), for carving, groomers, and a-ok in less deep powder.

The Blizzard's sound like they'd fit in nicely right between those two pairs - probably the go to board for my primary ski place - the Mad River Valley. They apparently have quite a cult following because they carve, float, and bust crud with a 16m turn radius - perfect for those tighter shots.

highpeaksdrifter

[quote="smootharc
The Blizzard's sound like they'd fit in nicely right between those two pairs - probably the go to board for my primary ski place - the Mad River Valley. They apparently have quite a cult following because they carve, float, and bust crud with a 16m turn radius - perfect for those tighter shots.[/quote]

They sound alot like my Nordica Hot Rod Top Fuels. In the 170's I have the turn raidus is 15.8. I loooove them. :D

bigbog

...add in Volkl's AC4 Unlimited, for those who like a wider ski with a Volkl feel(I'm guessing here!!), as well. 82mm waist naturally making 16.1m... :eek: 8)

smootharc

Hey.....

...now you guys are giving me homework !

And look at me, I'm in the corner of the class facing the wall with this :dunce: on...