• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

dlague

i may make an appearance this weekend if people are skiing Sunday.

Well John and Andy will not be there and we will not be there since we will be at AZ Summit - wife and son did not want to cancel. Not sure about Alex and his wife.

JDMRoma

Hope to be back for Super Bowl Sunday will be at K till then !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

VTKilarney

Hope to be back for Super Bowl Sunday will be at K till then !!
I think it's really rude of the NFL to schedule the Super Bowl so late in the day. I loved how much the slopes emptied out for the Patriots game this past Sunday afternoon.

KustyTheKlown

didnt even think of that. sunday at smuggs was a ghost town. i've never skied on without waiting on madonna on a sunday at noon before this weekend.

Cannonball

I think it's really rude of the NFL to schedule the Super Bowl so late in the day. I loved how much the slopes emptied out for the Patriots game this past Sunday afternoon.

Now that it's on late, SB Sunday is usually one of the busiest days of the year at Cannon (because they 2-for-1).

I expect this year to be nuts for crowds since nobody will be interested in the game anyway.

Puck it

Now that it's on late, SB Sunday is usually one of the busiest days of the year at Cannon (because they 2-for-1).

I expect this year to be nuts for crowds since nobody will be interested in the game anyway.
They can get their own beer nuts.

Smellytele

I see on their trail report that zoomer lift line was open but Zoomer wasn't. How does that work? just the top of Zoomer closed until the intersection with liftline?

Cannonball

Just a heads up if you're heading to Cannon today...

Baron's Run is closed for race training today & Friday (1/28 & 1/29)

Also The Mittersill Double will be running but is not open to the public.

The Saddle also closed as a result.

Puck it

Just a heads up if you're heading to Cannon today...

Baron's Run is closed for race training today & Friday (1/28 & 1/29)

Also The Mittersill Double will be running but is not open to the public.

The Saddle also closed as a result.
This is only a speed camp too. I guess we will see the same when there is a race on the weekend

wtcobb

What will happen when more Mittersill terrain is open/skiable and there's a race? Baron's is the only way back to Cannon proper. Shuttle service only?

Might not be an issue this year...

witch hobble

What will happen when more Mittersill terrain is open/skiable and there's a race? Baron's is the only way back to Cannon proper. Shuttle service only?

Might not be an issue this year...

this is will be an issue....especially if they really have to stick to existing trail layout.

side note: if you're adventurous you can find a way around via the end of a well established bastard trail.

deadheadskier

Staff member
If Cannon was respectful of the non-racing customers, they would address that by stationing a volunteer to stop and wave people across the rabbit path when the course is clear. It's either that or having shuttle service down at the base of the Mittersill chair.

Cannonball

I'm just excited to hear that Cannon is willing to rent out all of Mittersill (including running the lift) for a private event. I'm going to look into lining that up for later in the season. Who's in?

Jully

If Cannon was respectful of the non-racing customers, they would address that by stationing a volunteer to stop and wave people across the rabbit path when the course is clear. It's either that or having shuttle service down at the base of the Mittersill chair.

I'd expect Cannon to do the former. That's a pretty standard practice that I've seen at races before. Waving people across isn't a difficult process at all.