• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheapskates 2023-24 thread

2planks2coasts

It's time for a 23-24 cheapskates thread.

No boundaries 23-24 is out. Tenney, Abram, Dartmouth, Granite Gorge and Whaleback.

$119 gets you coupons that can be used for:

One Saturday.
One sunday + one weekday
Three weekdays

At each resort.

urungus

It's time for a 23-24 cheapskates thread.

No boundaries 23-24 is out. Tenney, Abram, Dartmouth, Granite Gorge and Whaleback.

$119 gets you coupons that can be used for:

One Saturday.
One sunday + one weekday
Three weekdays

At each resort.

2planks2coasts

I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on No Boundaries. When Indy went full mobster, I bought a Ski Cooper pass. No Boundaries would round out the NE offerings nicely. Perhaps a few Cannon NH resident days too.

Saddleback is offering passholders of other independent mountains in Maine $59 weekday/ $69 Weekend tix

https://www.saddlebackmaine.com/extended-family-program/

Last edited:
The Saddleback offer was for last year. It’s not official yet for this year.

If you are close by Black Mountain of Maine does a half dozen or so free ski days a year. Most are Wednesday afternoon.

llbean is expected to again underwrite inexpensive ski days at Black Mountain of Maine and Mount Abram.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Epic Local pass is a nice deal (ducking). Got 1 adult pass and 2 teen passes. Lines arent so bad if you stay away from the base of any area most of the day.

We've booked Beaver Creek for Xmas weekend using Frontier miles for transport. Lodging not so cheap.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Epic Local pass is a nice deal (ducking). Got 1 adult pass and 2 teen passes. Lines arent so bad if you stay away from the base of any area most of the day.

We've booked Beaver Creek for Xmas weekend using Frontier miles for transport. Lodging not so cheap.
Rob-and-Ski.jpg

"No need to duck my friend. I EPICALLY like you for being an EPIC Ally!"

(See what I did there?)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thetrailboss

Staff member
The Saddleback offer was for last year. It’s not official yet for this year.

If you are close by Black Mountain of Maine does a half dozen or so free ski days a year. Most are Wednesday afternoon.

llbean is expected to again underwrite inexpensive ski days at Black Mountain of Maine and Mount Abram.
I am not a fan of LLB, but I give them credit for doing great things for the Maine community.

chuckstah

Warren Miller film coming around again as usual. Couple freebies and a bogo for the Plymouth, NH show. Tempting as I want to check out what is going on with Tenney. Day or night showScreenshot_20231007-004134.png

BenedictGomez

Already got my tickets!

Annnnnnnnnnd............... I just found out that for the first time in > 7 decades there's not going to be a new Warren Miller movie. It's basically a "clip show" that "celebrates" decades of skiing.

It will have new narration over it & perhaps some new footage, but not much. It's a cop-out of an excuse for the company who bought Warren Miller Productions to save money making a film. At least they claim next year will be a new film. Sigh......

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Annnnnnnnnnd............... I just found out that for the first time in > 7 decades there's not going to be a new Warren Miller movie. It's basically a "clip show" that "celebrates" decades of skiing.

It will have new narration over it & perhaps some new footage, but not much. It's a cop-out of an excuse for the company who bought Warren Miller Productions to save money making a film. At least they claim next year will be a new film. Sigh......
Well it will probably be better than most of the films in the last decade. Hopefully the scenes will last more then 3 seconds, the last couple years there should be a warning to epileptics .

Maybe they will change to more family related or local stuff rather then the most remote Heli skiing that only a handful will experience. Add some humor and quips that Warren made famous.
It doesn’t have to be big budget to be good!

MidnightJester

So the Ski Vermont 4pass lift-books worked slightly different this year with the Waiting room and Que's being randomly assigned for the early line holders from before 12"00 noon. Had my computer and 2 friends all attempting to get into the Portal to buy the lift books as of 11:20 and out of 3 people only my portal opened to buy the passes. "Thankfully this year"