• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cheapskates 2023-24 thread

soposkier

Epic Pass sale ends tonite, looking at the day pass for attitash/wildcat unrestricted for 60ish... Might have to make a point to do a day at wildcat

Zand

Wachusett has a night pass on sale for $199. Good between Christmas and March 9th after 7pm. I actually just bought one. Feel like I just need to be on skis more to stay in ski shape these days. While spending 2 hours at Wachusett seems like it wouldn't help much, I think it will make a difference for me.

jimmywilson69

It certainly won't hurt. If anything it'll help you work on technique and keep the muscle memory fresh. Weather it does anything for actual muscle strength or stamina, that's debatable. I can say that skiing my 500 ft molehill in PA doesn't do anything with the later, but skiing there often has made me better from a technique standpoint.

Mainer

Cranmore had a sweet deal for cyber Monday, 5 anytime passes for $499 😂

BodeMiller1

I could ski Cannon today for $84. Could also get a coin for giving them 3 cans of food to give to someone else. The place is about a third open.
Wet powder, meh🩸

BodeMiller1

It was great on Wednesday for 45
One of my old high school friends started skiing at 40 or so. Skied with him 10 times and we went everywhere but Cannon.
He ended up at Cannon one day and called me "I get it, there's the top, front 5..."
Still haven't been there with him. When we go I'll show him the fun solitary stuff.
His wife won't let him ski glades. 🤐
Edit He's also not allowed to smoke pot.
That's his thing, file a under life is to short.🌞

urungus

Smellytele

urungus

LL Bean Winter in New England
* Discounted lift tickets for Lost Valley, Mt Abram, Black Mountain of Maine, BigRock, Butternut, Berkshire East, Wachusett
* Free Snowshoe Trail Passes and Rentals, Thursday-Sunday and Free Cross-Country Skiing, Thursdays and Fridays @ Black Mountain of Maine
* Free Ice-Skating Lessons, Wednesdays, 6:15-7 p.m. and Free Open Skate Night, Wednesdays, 5-9 p.m. @ Lee Twombly Pond Skating, Falmouth, ME
* $25 Night Tubing every Friday @ Butternut
* Free S’Mores Fri, Sat, Sun afternoons @ new LL Bean S’Mores shacks @ Butternut, Berkshire East, Wachusett

Last edited:

skimagic

LL Bean Winter in New England
* Discounted lift tickets for Lost Valley, Mt Abram, Black Mountain of Maine, BigRock, Butternut, Berkshire East, Wachusett
* Free Snowshoe Trail Passes and Rentals, Thursday-Sunday and Free Cross-Country Skiing, Thursdays and Fridays @ Black Mountain of Maine
* Free Ice-Skating Lessons, Wednesdays, 6:15-7 p.m. and Free Open Skate Night, Wednesdays, 5-9 p.m. @ Lee Twombly Pond Skating, Falmouth, ME
* $25 Night Tubing every Friday @ Butternut
* Free S’Mores Fri, Sat, Sun afternoons @ new LL Bean S’Mores shacks @ Butternut, Berkshire East, Wachusett
How do the financials of this program work out? Is ll bean paying the respective mountains to make up the ticket cost difference?