• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

considering driving up to Vt early Thursday to ride some powder. Am I crazy?

Glenn

That was a legendary day...
We did the drive on a Mustang GT... Hhaha.

Cruisin'.....in my 5.0................

vanilla-ice.gif

BenedictGomez

I was gonna point that out too. Then I thought maybe he meant a Chevy Astro Van???

No, I'm 100% it was a Caravan, so I guess I'm wrong about the rw vs. fw.

It was beat up all to hell too, so I'm guessing it must have been 84-86. Other interesting fun fact about that caravan, you could start it without a key. lol. Just stick something in the ignition and turn, a dime worked nicely.

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
No, I'm 100% it was a Caravan, so I guess I'm wrong about the rw vs. fw.

It was beat up all to hell too, so I'm guessing it must have been 84-86. Other interesting fun fact about that caravan, you could start it without a key. lol. Just stick something in the ignition and turn, a dime worked nicely.

You sure it wasn't a Dodge Ram van?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Ram_Van

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Have never been on the mountain for a true powder day. I have a season pass for Stratton that I have not been able to use once yet, own a 4wd truck and can take the day off. Is this is a good call or am I insane to even consider this? (driving up from Long Island)

Do it. Do it for all of us who, for one reason or another, aren't able to get out there and enjoy the spoils of mother nature. Take the advice that others have said about pre-positioning yourself the night before, but make it happen.

BenedictGomez

We are all trying to figure out how to get there, wherever there is, as soon as possible.

I've got my dance card punched for Smuggs on Saturday, heading up Friday after work. If they do get 16 or 18 inches Tomorrow/Thursday, there should still be some nice snow.

bobbutts

could have been broken awd lol
I don't think thu am will be too much trouble, heaviest snow has moved on
go for it

BenedictGomez

I hope you haven't left yet because i would like to request pics of The Black Hole

I leave Friday after work. I used to have a seasons pass to Smuggler's Notch, and The Black Hole is the only train I've never skied. Liftline is challenging terrain that I really enjoy. Liftline covered in fairly thick trees (which is how TBH has been described to me), I want no part of. lol