• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID Outbreak at Killington

Great Bear

I was up there. A couple of the rental shops were closed due to staffing as were a couple of the inside bars. I sense that a few of the lift lines maybe had less people staffing them, but other than that, things seemed to run pretty smoothly from what I could tell. In fairness too, other than grabbing a coffee in the lodge one day, I was pretty much booting up at the car, skiing and heading home so I didn't experience trying to get lunch or do lessons etc

Newpylong

Yes operations were and are effected. Less snowmakers, less rental and ticketing staff. You name it...

ScottySkis

According this link covid should be better because of cbd that in the Mircale plant
Happy Friday, everyone! Here's a fun result that came out recently in a comprehensive paper published in Science about CBD and Covid infections:
and an easier-to-digest write up in Vice:

The paper dives deeply into the mechanisms of action, but the part that's getting the most attention is that oral CBD use in real-world patients is associated with a ~35% lower risk of a positive Covid test (in people taking it for seizures). It's on pages 7 and 8 of the article, but the risk of a Covid positive test in the study period was 6.2% for people taking daily oral CBD vs. 8.9% for matched controls.
The 35% reduction figure comes from a multivariable logit model, which is a slightly more sophisticated was of matching patients.

Do with that information what you will ;)
I hope you have a great end to your week!