• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does Mad River Scare You a Little? NO!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Never mind. A++

Wow

you're right. Look all of those moguls in Sammy's photo being torn right in half

((poor moguls))

:(

Savemeasammy

Yes. Lookers right along the nrt. One of the better bump runs yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boston_e

Looks like the snowboarders really destroyed those bumps at Killington! :lol:

SkiFanE

If you're trying to demonstrate massive ignorance regarding moguls, you've earned an A+

Sheared off? Ripped in half? Torn apart?

I'm going to throw down the gauntlet and suggest you won't find 3 people in this forum that agrees with that description. Never in my 30 + years have I seen a mogul "ripped in half" on a warm spring day.

What does happen on a 64 degree day is they typically get bigger and bigger and the troughs get deeper and deeper. Now bigger doesn't always equal better. That's where the phrase "swallowed up in the moguls" comes from.

But ripped in half? Serious lol there.

I agree that moguls don't get sheered off and ripped apart by end of spring day. But that video did show suckily organized bumps lol. It's funny - must be something about bump runs under the lifts get all the bad skiers or something. Because Agony at SR had "great" bumps, as individuals lol. But I just thought the rythym of them sucked - no lines and all over the place - like the MRG vid. But go to LockeLine/Crossbow and Shockwave and they were spectacular. People see it from lift and must do it...whereas they just pass by all the other bump runs. Still dreaming about Shockwave from last weekend, primo condition.