• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dog thread

thetrailboss

Staff member
And when she was a puppy:

rubyrose-blue-merle-female-sold-puppy-in-southern-utah-colorcountryaussies-7-scaled.jpg

dblskifanatic

Mookie and Pippa

Very protective but very loving! Both picked up while on vacation. We actually found Mookie and he jumped right in our car so we took him to the Potcake Rescue. Many island dogs are referred to as potcakes since the wild dogs ate the cake at the bottom of pots from cooking peas & rice that were discarded outside for them,

Mookie is named when the Red Sox won the World Series and Mookie Betts won the golden glove. Pippa well no real origin. Her original name was Pepper.

doggos3.jpgdoggos.jpgdoggos2.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
This is Penny our hound mix. We rescued her from Alabama in August of 2019 when she was five months old. She has come a long way, but still doesn't trust strangers easily when they enter our home. This is especially true of tall men. She also cowers at the site of a broom and does not like other dogs that are much bigger than her.

So, we assume she had a very rough time during her first five months and probably encountered some bad experiences with men and other dogs. But, she is great with our family and gets better and better all the time at trusting people, but really only outside of our home. I somewhat don't mind her being protective against strangers who come in the home. She wasn't adopted to be a guard dog, but she is a good one.

It just sucks that there's still so many animals who are mistreated; especially in the south.

Attachments

• IMG_20200618_161327629.jpg
    IMG_20200618_161327629.jpg
    758.5 KB · Views: 6

dblskifanatic

This is Penny our hound mix. We rescued her from Alabama in August of 2019 when she was five months old. She has come a long way, but still doesn't trust strangers easily when they enter our home. This is especially true of tall men. She also cowers at the site of a broom and does not like other dogs that are much bigger than her.

So, we assume she had a very rough time during her first five months and probably encountered some bad experiences with men and other dogs. But, she is great with our family and gets better and better all the time at trusting people, but really only outside of our home. I somewhat don't mind her being protective against strangers who come in the home. She wasn't adopted to be a guard dog, but she is a good one.

It just sucks that there's still so many animals who are mistreated; especially in the south.
Great snooter shot! I think a dogs protective nature is good but can be hard to deal with at times. Ours are very protective at our home and better outside as well.

thetrailboss

Staff member

There is a special place in hell for those that hurt animals.

thebigo

Several years ago while shooting the shit with our vet, after putting down our previous dog, he said something that always stuck with me: 'I have found that dog people need a dog in their life'. We had a new baby and had decided not to get another dog. The next day my wife got a call from a friend about a dog who needed a 'special' home, the rescue found her in a Georgia highway median with heartworm and altered teeth. There is a special place in hell.

Three days later we had a new dog. The previous weekend, while splitting a 12 with my dad, the topic of our childhood trips to Alta came up. Back when they used to yell 'FRONT ROW' to load the center pole Germania.

Alta spent the first month hiding in the closet; I had to pick her up, carry her downstairs and outside to pee. To this day she holes up in the corner whenever around any other dog. She has greyed over the years but a couple of things have not changed: her connection with her sisters and love of the town beach. She will run and splash in the lake for hours. ALTA_STOVE.jpgALTA_LAKE.jpgInkedALTA_REGAN_LI.jpg

Last edited:

dblskifanatic

Great pics! His face has really grayed. We had another dog that I did not mention earlier that got old and had to be put down. That is always hard. Face got gray like yours.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
We have a rescue lab, Kali. I'll get a pic of her in a bit. she's about 5 years old now. mostly lab but we did the DNA test and she has some Cur and some Boxer as well

Rob Forster

So, we assume she had a very rough time during her first five months and probably encountered some bad experiences with men and other dogs. But, she is great with our family and gets better and better all the time at trusting people, but really only outside of our home. This helped to get rid of fleas in case you face the same problem. I somewhat don't mind her being protective against strangers who come in the home. She wasn't adopted to be a guard dog, but she is a good one.

I have always treated people who adopt animals as heroes! Thank you for humanity! 👏👏👏

zyk

Milo on the right is our latest. Was told he's feral. Great with the other dogs but we still can't touch him. Face is scarred up so I'm guessing he's had some bad times.IMG_20210202_145111.jpg