• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Fingers crossed...

Greg

Staff member
...that we get some of these this season:

bgm.gif

:snow:

danny p

man that looks good. not as good as when it was on my local on the 8's that day, but ya know. bring it!!

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Look at the radar shadow mansfield creates! You'd think it didn't snow in Northern Lamoille county for half that storm.

thebigo

memories

That was a great day, i still remember being alone at the top of kmart. The white out was so severe that i couldnt see my poles, i ended up skiing into eye-high drift at the top of east fall. We skiied 9-4 and then gassed beers at the outback waiting for the storm to slow down. Around 7-8 we gave up, dug the car out again and began the 8+ hr drive back to nh.

Greg

Staff member
Why would mansfield be the only mountain in new england to cause that shadow?

There probably isn't another radar site northeast of Mansfield to cover the other side...

ctenidae

Nice, but a little more blue, a litel less pink, and a little slower.

And earlier.

And more often.

That's not asking for much, is it?

Yikes I don't think I'm ready for winter...it was so chilly in my apartment this morning that I needed to put on a fleece. I think I'm going to take this winter off and spend it reflecting on the past 15 ski season from the warmth and comfort of my bed..sipping hot chocolate with whipped cream..yes.

dmc

SnowAmt200702150000_ne.png

:) the little white dot is where Hunter is... :)

Greg

Staff member
Actually, more like Plattekill...

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I can't believe you saved the radar loop :lol: I remember that day well. Untracked freshies every single run from open to close at Burke. Lines magically refilling themselves all day. Still 6" untracked due to refills on last run at 4 P.M. down Willoughby which is one of the most popular runs at Burke. It was not the best snow quality in the word (very dense snow) but the refills and untracked every run made it quite incredible.

It was not my best day of the season though...

JohnGD33

That day was great I skied at elk mtn from 8 untill 3 because they closed the mtn becasue the roads were so bad. I spend the next 5 hrs stuck on the highway( 81 south ) . I did't even care the day was epic.

skibum1321

The snow was so deep and thick at Smuggs that day that you had to follow someone else's tracks. If you tried to break trail, you would just end up pushing through the snow and practically walking downhill.

JD

Website
hotmail.com
Sounds like you need some fatties. The shadow is as greg said, burlington radar.
That was a great day. I skiied lower goat and waterfall on my xc skis. So much snow.

bvibert

Staff member
I'll take one of those a week, please...

Make those to go, supersized... Thanks!