• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First Snowfalls, Upcoming weather and Storms of winter 2023-2024. Storm snow totals, Observations and Predictions?

snoseek

Wildcat Monday, saddleback Tuesday and Wednesday. At least I think that's my plan. Thursday is my Monday and Sunday is my Friday so I'll scoop leftovers for this one.

MidnightJester

Some mountains after this storm finishes will be between 3ft and 4ft of new Snow In the last 6 days or less. 40-50 inches in a week. OHHHH YEA.
To the naked eye, it doesn't appear as if the polar and southern branch of the jet stream can come into phase and produce a storm of any significance, yet Vermont will get big snow anyway. Rather then suppress moisture, a polar jet impulse will have the effect of pulling moisture from this storm northward into the cold air and creating a large area of heavy overrunning snowfall for northern New England and rainfall for southern New England. It all begins in the predawn hours Saturday as steady snow quickly becomes heavy snow and persists throughout the ski day. There's enough warm air above us for some sleet to mix in with the snow from time to time, but enough cold air at the surface to keep the snow consistency powdery on the mountain. Snow should taper off rather abruptly just as it gets dark on Saturday with accumulations of 1-2 feet.

NH and Maine will end into Saturday night/Sunday morning

Last edited:

Zand

Yeah I think Killington and points south might get in on some freezing rain during the height of the storm which would be a bummer. Should be good Sugarbush and north.

thebigo

Loon will be packed compared to Cannon
This is an urban legend. Excluding maybe the gondola on select days, every lift at loon is ski on after the first week of March. Especially Easter Sunday, we arrived mid morning Easter last year, parked maybe 20 spots from gondola.

Late season choice between loon and cannon is 100% weather.

Dickc

Daughters and Grandkids heading up to Newport tonight and Jay for Sat and Sun. They WERE going to drive tomorrow, but changed their minds. I'll report back what they tell me.

Last edited:

BodeMiller1

Hocus Pocus to and from something evil this way comes...

Attachments

• IMG_20240322_182113.jpeg
    IMG_20240322_182113.jpeg
    865.2 KB · Views: 7

MidnightJester

Final snowfall drop zone maps from this afternoon.
ACCUWEATHER
1711162691622.png
WEATHER CHANNEL1711162499520.png
Good Snowhunting to all. Best of season conditions at most Northeast mountains.

kingslug

Nothing like a total shit show at the airport.
1 person on the flight crew didn't show up
And ....big mess
United airlines.....sux