• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

First?

asnowmobiler

I saw the post after seeing several by them saying TBD and then saw one saying they were shooting for Friday. I was surprised to see it and not surprised to see it gone.

PAabe

Montage aiming for next weekend (3rd, 4th, or 5th)

Other NEPA tentative dates:
Elk 15th
Blue 3rd
Shawnee 18th
Camelback 4th
JF 3rd
BB 17th. Still confused as to why vail is trying to open JF before BB when BB is highest elevation in NEPA and requires less snow. They probably could have opened it for Black Friday - lows in 20s and teens all week and highs in the 30s in lake harmony

Last edited:

drjeff

If you've never seen one of those TF10 fan guns in person, they're BIG!

The little hill in CT where my kids high-school races are held at, Mount Southington, got both a TF10 and one of Demac-Lenko's BIG Titan 4.0's later in the season last year, and got to see them running 1 evening we were training there, and they are IMPRESSIVE!

Depending on the amount of water that the snowmaking crew has flowing through them, they can not only make a big whale quickly, but the throw on them makes getting coverage 50+ yards from the location of the fan gun easy, and with less time in the cats after blading the whales out across the slope.

Those big fans certainly aren't for every trail width, but for wide trails, especially when they're flowing over 100 gallons a minute through them in GOOD wet bulb temps, they're IMPRESSIVE for folks who like to geek out a bit on snowmaking tech! :fangun:

IceEidolon

If you've never seen one of those TF10 fan guns in person, they're BIG!

The little hill in CT where my kids high-school races are held at, Mount Southington, got both a TF10 and one of Demac-Lenko's BIG Titan 4.0's later in the season last year, and got to see them running 1 evening we were training there, and they are IMPRESSIVE!
Give me the Titan over a TechnoAlpin any day.

Kingslug20

Stowe weather forecast.​

Opening Day: Friday, November 26
We finally got the good cold temperatures our snowmakers needed! This latest cold shot, along with impressive snowmaking from our team, has us ready to announce an opening day. Stowe Mountain Resort will open for the 2021-2022 winter season on Friday, November 26.

I think I know where I will be......

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

Belleayre pretty close to official for Sat.
I will be there Sun unless Hunter opens (as I have Epic pass)Screenshot_20211123-193841_Chrome.jpg

PAabe

Blue confirmed for 12/3, 9am, next friday. Vista/Burma and Come Around/Midway/Main Street side. That side has good (lack of) exposure for holding snow (ice) despite Blue's elevation

They are cross honoring employee season passes with Camelbackthis year which is interesting in regards to future multi mountain pass availability

They may be 1st in the state along with Montage, 7 springs, and/or JF - interested to see what happens here

If JFBB wants to continue to claim 1st to open they better be opening at 8:30 lol

Last edited:

asnowmobiler

That sucks, I'm off this Friday, next week I work Friday and Saturday.

"They are cross honoring employee season passes with Camelback this year which is interesting in regards to future multi mountain pass availability"
That would be great!

Zand

Wachusett Saturday 11/27. 10 consecutive years they've opened in November.

Newpylong

Wachusett Saturday 11/27. 10 consecutive years they've opened in November.

One would hope so considering the money they've put into that snowmaking system and how little it takes to open Wa Wa up. They can put a sh*tload down fast.

Last edited: