• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Good Day Gone Bad

MBRI

Glad to hear she's doing well and she will be back out there again. Not sure if helmet companies policy are like car seats, but may want to contact them and see if you can exchange hers for a new one? Car seat manufactures will normally ship you one ASAP free after an accident (they sometimes need a police report) and will pay return shipping so they can evalute the seat and see if they can improve the design.

Glenn

Wow Gary...that's really tough. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

gmcunni

How's she doing G?

better, much better than 2 weeks ago. was at Neurosurgen @ yale this morning, they were pleasantly surprised how much improvement she's had since they saw her last Friday. MRI done earlier today and waiting on the radiologist's read. more testing and appointments next week but she's starting to laugh and act more like herself each day so we're feeling good about that. she's also started eating more which is a good sign.

short term memory is starting to return for events over the past few days but she still can't remember the entire first week following the accident. in a way we hope she doesn't ever remember anything to do with accident and hospital stay.

working with the school to build a plan for her return but that won't be for another week at least. she'll have missed 3 weeks by then so we need to get her caught up once she can focus and concentrate.

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
better, much better than 2 weeks ago. was at Neurosurgen @ yale this morning, they were pleasantly surprised how much improvement she's had since they saw her last Friday. MRI done earlier today and waiting on the radiologist's read. more testing and appointments next week but she's starting to laugh and act more like herself each day so we're feeling good about that. she's also started eating more which is a good sign.

short term memory is starting to return for events over the past few days but she still can't remember the entire first week following the accident. in a way we hope she doesn't ever remember anything to do with accident and hospital stay.

working with the school to build a plan for her return but that won't be for another week at least. she'll have missed 3 weeks by then so we need to get her caught up once she can focus and concentrate.

This is very good to hear!! I figured she was on the mend, based on your Sundown report from the other day as well as your plans to hit up Magic this weekend. May the force and the good vibes continue to be with you, your daughter and family.

MidnightJester

Wanted to say glad to hear the continuted going in the right direction. Im a recent learned boarder boarder 5 years or so and going. In mid 30's. Wear my helmet everytime and all the time. Safe and sound so far. Took a tree to the right temple early in the year on frozen glade. Helmets work. So glad kids wear them like boots these days. Meaning most always have them and should. Full Recovery to you and Family and good riding in the near future.

gmcunni

finally got around to giving Sugarbush a call this morning regarding the tickets from that weekend. they couldn't have been nicer about the situation. full credit for return visits (adult single day + 2 junior 2 day tix) and since it was injury related the tickets are good until end of next season (which is perfect since Megan is sidelined for many more weeks)

I love the way they run there business. The people who helped us that day were amazing, the follow up (Megan got a nice card from ski patrol wishing her well) and the "no questions asked" ticket vouchers really shows they care about their customers.

Thank You Win & Sugarbush!

Abominable

finally got around to giving Sugarbush a call this morning regarding the tickets from that weekend. they couldn't have been nicer about the situation. full credit for return visits (adult single day + 2 junior 2 day tix) and since it was injury related the tickets are good until end of next season (which is perfect since Megan is sidelined for many more weeks)

I love the way they run there business. The people who helped us that day were amazing, the follow up (Megan got a nice card from ski patrol wishing her well) and the "no questions asked" ticket vouchers really shows they care about their customers.

Thank You Win & Sugarbush!

I'm new here and I don't know any of you but I've been following and am very glad to hear things are moving in a positive direction. Also nice that the mountain was cool about it, although I'm sure that's a minor consideration, relatively. Best of luck.

SIKSKIER

I must say I had not seen this thread till today and I am a little teary eyed hearing about this.The outcome does sound promising.Godspeed to your daughter and your family.