• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Goodbye Vermont...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Remembering your Trip Report, I think I may opt to find my own way!!! :lol:

Marc, if you want me to show you some stashes, you are going to have to consider Jay for a season pass instead of Magic ;)

What are you talking about?? Hitchhiking rox!

On another note, the idea of a Jay pass has been kicked around a bit. I'd really have to dedicate myself to driving up there at least every other weekend, and having an affordable place to stay though for it to be even remotely practical...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
So tell me to stop being such a puss bag already, man up and buy a Jay pass.

I figured you'd be all over that chit, Andy. You know, have an old angry Pollock to a young, smart, charming, intelligent, handsome Pollock type Hallmark talk...

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com

I figured you'd be all over that chit, Andy. You know, have an old angry Pollock to a young, smart, charming, intelligent, handsome Pollock type Hallmark talk...

Nah, just figured you couldn't hack it. Would hate to hear you whining every weekend about the ride and gas money, lunch money, etc.......

OFFICIAL
Hijack.gif

bvibert

Staff member

Hey hippie, stop being such a puss bag and get yourself a real job already. Then you can buy yourself a pass to Jay AND Magic. :roll:

That job selling pansies on the road side just aint cutting it anymore. ;)

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
What do you do for a living, steve?
Retail Management.

Marc, if you area serious about considering a Jay Pass, Grampa Grunts in Montgumery offers dirt cheap lodging dormitory style. Usually attracts the College kids and I am sure it is more of a party locale than just a bed to crash on. I only skied there mid-week and had no problems but I am sure the weekends are hoping. Other than that I don't think there are any 'cheap' options (at least what I would consider cheap). If you were considering MRG, Jay would be a 30 minute longer drive. Which is not excessively longer but when you are looking at 3-4 hours an extra half hour could be a killer. Versus Magic being 1.5-2 hours closer than either. Good luck with that decision! My resolution to that decision was to move up here :lol: The problem with the Jay and MRG options is you aren't going to want to drive all that way until some serious terrain is open. Read my early season Jay reports from the Jet in November and December. Was not even worth a one hour drive until they got some natural snow and some good terrain open. Not the best Spring skiing destination either, its all about trees and powdah. Magic has better cruising options than both and MRG is so reliant on natural snow without the near guarantee of at least a decent season like Jay that it could be the best of times or the worst of times. Not trying to convince you in either way, just throwing out some thoughts.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats!