• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Got Snow in the Catskills

dmc

You are with a little imagination. And it's only the first one. I think this is a good omen for the season if yer superstitious.:snow::daffy:

Well... I'm not going to push a meeting with the CEO of my company to ski... Not in these tough times... And i have a big rehearsal in Manhattan with paid for studio time...

I got plenty of imagination... I'll be on the snow... just not today or tonight...

bvibert

Staff member
Hunter is a mess now... Power lines down.... Streets unplowed(In spite of the plows being out)..

Man i wish i was there.....

I hope they don't lose power to the webcams... Seriously I hope everyone stays safe.

trtaylor

The 'Skills are gettign BOMBED!

bgm_None_anim.gif
Wow...as of 4:45pm (10/28/08 ) lake effect snow off Lake Erie in Central PA, all the way from NY border to Maryland.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
Well... I'm not going to push a meeting with the CEO of my company to ski... Not in these tough times... And i have a big rehearsal in Manhattan with paid for studio time...

I got plenty of imagination... I'll be on the snow... just not today or tonight...

if your in the city hit me up im chilling over on 15th and irving till 8pm

dmc

We'll be on 26th... Funkadelic Studios...

Doubt I'll make it down... Never know though...

catskills

Hunter is looking good:

cam2.jpg
Awesome WEB cam and its still October. Reminds me of the good old days before WEB cams and before the internet. I don't see no ski tracks in this WEB cam. We need ski tracks :beer: I will look later from work. Somebody has to be first in the Catskills for the 2008-2009 season. Who will it be?

trtaylor

Awesome WEB cam and its still October. Reminds me of the good old days before WEB cams and before the internet. I don't see no ski tracks in this WEB cam. We need ski tracks :beer: I will look later from work. Somebody has to be first in the Catskills for the 2008-2009 season. Who will it be?
And from the looks of the 7 day forecast, this stuff isn't going to melt right away. I see it starts to get warmer by next Tuesday, though. But, that is an eternity in forecasting. Wonder if some of this will remain for the next cold shot to arrive? By then Hunter would probably start making snow. What a way to start.:spread:

Eski

roads were a mess with cars who couldn't make it up the hills or found their way into ditches, definitly mid-winter conditions ... I made it out with a buddy for 3 hikes up, minimum of a foot and way more in the wind blown sides ... was in a hurry out the door after I got the call and forgot the camera ... left the mountain in the dark, will hit it again probably this morn
btw, we encountered a downed tree which needed some covincing to move so we could access the goods :spread:

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
Did you see the article?

see

http://www.dailyfreeman.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=20180856&BRD=1769&PAG=461&dept_id=74969&rfi=6

snip--->>>

Most of the region dealt with only rain on Tuesday, but the higher-elevation areas of Greene County and western Ulster County had significant amounts of heavy, wet snow dumped on them. In Ulster County, the hardest hit areas were Highmount (where the Belleayre Mountain Ski Center is located) and Hardenburgh, each of which got 11 inches, according to the National Weather Service. Similar amounts were recorded in the area between Hunter and Jewett in Greene County.

20081029_000236_2_story.gif

Eski

didn't see the article or check out the cams ... just went out and 'got 'er done' ;-)

dmc

I'm headed to Germany Sunday... I'll see if i can't pick up a copy... :)