• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Hope on the Slopes for Cancer

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Anyone participate in this before? I think they did it last year as well at Bolton Valley. I donated several hundred stickers to them as well.

Link to the press release: http://news.alpinezone.com/101003/

The American Cancer Society is pleased to announce the 2012 dates for Hope on the Slopes. Hope on the Slopes is an all-day ski and snowboard event that raises money to support the mission of the American Cancer Society. Participate as a team of up to 15 or as an individual. Event participants to engage in competition with other participants in two categories: Fundraising Challenge and Vertical Feet Challenge.

Vertical Feet, tracked by FLAIK GPS technology, shows real time data and leader boards throughout the event. Re-Live your day on the mountain by logging into the FLAIK website and entering your arm band ID tag and see your vertical feet, average miles per hour, and total distance skied.

Participate at three of the following locations in Vermont: Smugglers' Notch Resort on Saturday, January 28, Jay Peak on Sunday, February. 26, and Bolton Valley Saturday, March 3, 2012. We are looking for teams and participants who love skiing and snowboarding while making a
difference on the slopes!

Skier4life

What on earth are the two of you on about?

I saw this event a little over a month ago and do want to participate, my family expressed some interest but alas, it is a month or so later and nothing has been done! Procrastination is a sin!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
i have no idea what catskills is talking about :lol:

I just responded talking about fracking. Worst thread jack ever. !

Skier4life

This is certainly the funniest thread I have read in ages...

Strangely enough, I know what hydro-fracking is [though I don't know why I know this], just didn't see the correlation.

Like the PUN at the end catskills [intended or not].