• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you display your season pass?

jaywbigred

So I just got my Mt. Snow season pass. It's hard plastic and has a hole drilled at the top. You could attach it to one of those retractable chord things, but that frightens me a little.

What happens if you lose it?

Back in college, before the scanning of passes era, at Greek Peak we used to have clear plastic holders. I've seen people attach them to their arm, knee area, thigh, even calf. But this begs the question, can they be easily scanned through plastic like this?

So how do you attach your season pass? Plastic holder on the knee, arm, thigh or calf? Retractable chord device? Old fashioned wicket (ha!)? Maybe it’s something really cool that I don’t even know about. What? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

SkiDork

scanners at K work pretty well through the plastic.

I keep mine on a retractable cord thingy. Never had a problem losing it.

Sky

I have one of those plastic arm/leg band dealys.

Yes, they can be scanned through the plastic.

I wear it on my leg most of the time...wish I could find a way to attach it to my goggle strap on the helmet.

I used to wear it on my arm...but I frequently forget about it when I remove the jacket...and then the pass falls to the floor. Not good.

gmcunni

i attach my pass to my pants, on a loop built into the waistband. i use a keychain ring to connect the pass to the pants so i can remove as needed.

i pull up into line and lift the bottom of my jacket to reveal the pass.

MR. evil

you think you found true love until you take the early flight home from San Diego and find a couple of blind folded poeple jump out of the closet like a god dam magic act ready to double team your girl friend.

Love the Old School reference, one of my favorite movies!

Warp Daddy

I've got an Atomic jacket that has a special season pass holder sewn directly into the jacket arm which works great IF i wear that jacket , Otherwise i use a key ring that i clip onto a clip on my various jackets

sLoPeS

mines either in my pocket or around my neck. ive had my pass snag a tree before when it was attached to a retractable cord. came out of the woods and my buddys like "need this!?" but really, who shows their pass anyways? ;-)

drjeff

So I just got my Mt. Snow season pass. It's hard plastic and has a hole drilled at the top. You could attach it to one of those retractable chord things, but that frightens me a little.

Back in college, before the scanning of passes era, at Greek Peak we used to have clear plastic holders. I've seen people attach them to their arm, knee area, thigh, even calf. But this begs the question, can they be easily scanned through plastic like this?

So how do you attach your season pass? Plastic holder on the knee, arm, thigh or calf? Retractable chord device? Old fashioned wicket (ha!)? Maybe it’s something really cool that I don’t even know about. What? what I thought we were in the trust tree in the nest, were we not?

What I do with my MS pass, IS use their retractor cord, but I add a split ring to the connection between the retractor cord holder and my coat and a second split ring between the hole in the pass and the clip at the end of the retractor cord. All 4 of my familes passes (even on my kids) had no problems that way, and this setup atmost takes another 30 seconds when you switch you pass between coats.

I used to use the clear plastic sleeve arm band, but more often than not the scanners would have some issues reading the bar code through the plastic.

Greg

Staff member
I have an arm band thingie and cut part of the plastic window away where the bar code is. I put a piece of duct tape behind it just to be sure it doesn't slip out the slot I cut.

campgottagopee

Just go back to Greek---still don't scan :daffy:

bvibert

Staff member
i attach my pass to my pants, on a loop built into the waistband. i use a keychain ring to connect the pass to the pants so i can remove as needed.

i pull up into line and lift the bottom of my jacket to reveal the pass.

This is what I do too, more or less.

Not a fan of the plastic arm band things. If the plastic has any waves in it, or condensation inside of it then the scanners can have trouble reading the pass.

jaywbigred

Thanks guys.

I remember the plastic thing being a PITA. I'll prob do some sort of Keychain loop/clip combo.

bvibert

Staff member
I actually use a piece of lanyard attached to the waist of my pants so that the pass hangs down to just below the bottom of my jacket. That way it's visible to the scanners, if I get it right then the bar code is just sticking out, making the scan go quickly.

I like keeping the pass on the my pants since I almost always wear the same pair, but I might switch up jackets depending on conditions. I never have to worry about remembering to switch the pass from jacket to jacket.

bobbutts

I have a dedicated pocket in the pants I usually wear. Works well except when the lifty wants to scan it, then it's gloves off to get it out of there. I always try to just get right on the lift without showing anything. I am 6' 4" 200#+ so I have a hard time blending in, usually after I get checked once they remember me.

Ski Diva

Website
www.skidiva.com
scanners at K work pretty well through the plastic.

I keep mine on a retractable cord thingy. Never had a problem losing it.

I had one of those retractable cord thingies, until it broke and I lost my pass while I was skiing! Amazingly enough, someone who knew me found it and I got it back. I've since learned that these things break all the time, so I really don't trust them anymore. Instead, I use a keyring thing attached to a loop at the bottom of my jacket. Seems sturdy and works great.

At some of the resorts out west they can have automatic scanners that can scan your pass through your jacket. I love those. I can keep my pass in a pocket on my sleeve and not have to worry about it.

4aprice

Camelback for years has issued their passes with a clear plastic holder with straps on it. Last year they tried the retractable cord but it apparently didn't work so well and mid way through the season invited us in to get the plastic holders again. Alot of people including my son wear them on the leg just above the knee. I wear mine on my arm.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Glenn

I used the retractable thing Mt Snow gave us last year with the passes. It worked fine...and I bumped it, fell on it...ect.