• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you display your season pass?

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
My ski pants have a clip on a tether in the left pocket--that's what I use. There actually is a pass loop above that on the pants, and that clip is probably to keep things in your pocket in case of a wipe-out, but it works well for the pass so that's what I use it for.

vcunning

Ski pants clip and I use a simple, circular key ring.

Now for my old passes, I put magnetic tape on the back and they hang all over the fridge.

Hawkshot99

I use one of the clear soft plastic arm bands with the elastic strap. I put it just below my left knee, as I have a knee brace on my right knee.
Used to have it on my arm, but it would always slide down on me, and would fall off when I forgot to remove it before taking off my jacket.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I read in Ski magazine that some western resorts have gone to a chip format for lift tickets and passes where a scanner picks up the frequency negating the need to display lift tickets, but I'd imagine they still want to see season passes.

dmc

I read in Ski magazine that some western resorts have gone to a chip format for lift tickets and passes where a scanner picks up the frequency negating the need to display lift tickets, but I'd imagine they still want to see season passes.

Ski Dubai had that... The chip let you through a turnstyle to get on the chair...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
The chip makes it easier re: scanning, but I'm sure they'd still want to see that the pass is yours--at least, in the case of season passes. Wasn't there a story recently about some girl who was caught using a guy friend's season pass and she tried to claim she had had a sex change...?

wa-loaf

My jacket has a pass pocket on the arm. Not a window, upside down pocket with a clip on a bungie. Pull the pass down when I need it, velcros in when not.

Greg

Staff member
I have an arm band thingie and cut part of the plastic window away where the bar code is. I put a piece of duct tape behind it just to be sure it doesn't slip out the slot I cut.

Not using this this season. Instead, using a nifty Hunter lanyard I got.

SkiDork

I have a new Spider jac that has a plastic sleeve underneath, right at the bottom. I just flip up the jacket a bit and it scans.

Bobt2ski

I use a d-clip through a o-ring attached to my pass that I can re-attach to another ski jacket or vest that I might want to change to according to the weather!!!!

4aprice

Camelback for years has issued their passes with a clear plastic holder with straps on it. Last year they tried the retractable cord but it apparently didn't work so well and mid way through the season invited us in to get the plastic holders again. Alot of people including my son wear them on the leg just above the knee. I wear mine on my arm.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Repeating my post because this weekend we had a situation. Camelback this season is using a different retractable cord similar to last seasons but of a more durable strength. Problem is my son lost his pass and terrain park pass due to a failure of the the plastic on the retractable part of the cord. He went to guest services where they issued him a ticket and told him to return at the end of the day and if it was not found they were going to charge us $75 to issue a new pass. Luckily he was able to locate the pass trail side. My wife and I were upset that they wanted to charge us so much for the failure of something the mountain issued and filed a complaint. I was also lucky to have an old plastic pass holder and was able to give it to him and ha once again is able the wear it on his leg. Camelback told us we could go buy one at The Loft.:sad:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Vinny

Repeating my post because this weekend we had a situation. Camelback this season is using a different retractable cord similar to last seasons but of a more durable strength. Problem is my son lost his pass and terrain park pass due to a failure of the the plastic on the retractable part of the cord. He went to guest services where they issued him a ticket and told him to return at the end of the day and if it was not found they were going to charge us $75 to issue a new pass. Luckily he was able to locate the pass trail side. My wife and I were upset that they wanted to charge us so much for the failure of something the mountain issued and filed a complaint. I was also lucky to have an old plastic pass holder and was able to give it to him and ha once again is able the wear it on his leg. Camelback told us we could go buy one at The Loft.:sad:

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

$75 seems like a big hit for losing a ski pass. I thought I lost my pass at Snow earlier today (finally found it). While inquiring about a replacement they said the first replacement is free and then they charge $60 for the second. I thought that was fair enough.