• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How do you display your season pass?

snowmonster

Retractable plastic ID holder (like the one they give out in offices) attached to a loop on the hem of my jacket. They give out the ID holders to passholders at Sunday River. I used to use the plastic arm loop. One year, part of my photo melted on the plastic. Hated those things because they kept slipping down.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I strap mine to my arm. Kind of a pain in the but when taking the jacket on or off, but it is very out of the way while skiing yet still very securely attached. Can't have a pass flopping around while in the trees.

ccskier

Same as rivercoil, plus Jay doesn't scan so no problem with plastic casing.

drjeff

Hmm, they didn't "give" me anything...

They didn't "give" you the retractor cord thingy?? Or you gave then $850 or so and got a purple piece of plastic with a retractor cord thingy?? ;) If it's the 1st part, just go into the season pass office in the clocktower building this weekend during Octoberfest and they've got them in baskets at the counter.

Glenn

Hmm, they didn't "give" me anything...

LOL! That's interesting! But like Jeff said, they should have them available. We picked ours up in the Season pass office. I can't remember if they were attached...or they had them there for the taking.

dmc

Either around the neck or on an armband.. with the plastic cut out...

I can't wait for when we can use rfid and not have to wait...

Geoff

...wish I could find a way to attach it to my goggle strap on the helmet.

I have a clear plastic pass holder that attaches to my goggle strap. My pass lived on my helmet all winter. I tore one of them last winter in the trees but didn't lose the pass.

Last spring when I shed the helmet, I tied a shoelace-style lanyard to the suspenders on my shell pants. That ended up bending the pass eventually.

I think I'm going to do something different this year. I'd rather have it dangling from my shell on the side at my hip where it's at scanner height. Maybe go back to a retractable lanyard. Punch a 2nd hole in the pass with a hole punch and run a thin piece of shock cord as a redundant lanyard.

I have an arm band/leg band but the band drops off the clothing if I'm not paying attention. I want it semi-permenantly attached.

vcunning

I prefer the key ring approach on the ski pants.

I've used the plastic armband holder and occasionally found that I forget about it when I take my jacket off and find it on the floor later. That's ok when you're at your condo, but not so cool when your at the base lodge.

Glenn

Jay,
They gave out the retractable thingies @ Mt. Snow this weekend. I picked up our passes and the guy said: "Take these...they don't travel in the mail that well." Next time you're there, stop by and I bet they'll give you two.

jaywbigred

Jay,
They gave out the retractable thingies @ Mt. Snow this weekend. I picked up our passes and the guy said: "Take these...they don't travel in the mail that well." Next time you're there, stop by and I bet they'll give you two.

Thanks for the heads up Glenn, will do.

RISkier

Displaying season passes?

What do you folks use for the care, feeding, and display of your season passes?

deadheadskier

Staff member
I just use the lanyard that came with the pass. They recognize me by now at Ragged, so I don't really need to display it.

As for nourishment, powder and moguls are preferred, but so far this season, packed powder and hard pack has been the more consistent dining option :???:

2Planker

Care, Feeding ? WTF are you talking about ???
A basic aanyard w/ a quick disconnect (for Employee food discount) works fine