• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

how many mpw?

how many miles a week do you ride on the average?

• less than 20

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • 20-50

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 50-100

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 100-150

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 150-200

• over 200

• way over 200

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

bruno

how many miles a week ya generally ride?

i commute 5 days a week 24 miles roundtrip (shortest distance) but this time of year with extra miles for fun and all on the way home (and sometimes on the wayTO!). 60 or 70 a day on the weekends. errands as well as i try to never use my car 'cept for goin' hikin'.

so i voted "over 200".

all on fixed gear (as those are the only bikes i have!):smile:

Last edited:

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
150-200 now that the weather is good. 100-150 if the weather is less than favorable.

Sometimes less than 100. Depends a lot. I wish I could do 70 miles rides saturday and sunday, but you're pushin' four hours for a ride like that, and with all the crap I have to do on the weekends, that just eats up too much time.

skibum1321

It really depends for me. Some weeks I will push 150-200 if I do some longer weekend rides. Unfortunately, those haven't happened of late so I've been more in the 50-100 category.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
skibum1321 said:
It really depends for me. Some weeks I will push 150-200 if I do some longer weekend rides. Unfortunately, those haven't happened of late so I've been more in the 50-100 category.

Just vote 150-200 to pad the vote talley and make the board look better to outsiders.

And..... hopefully they won't read this post.

cbcbd

voted 20-50

Recently I have had only one night available to ride/week and my weekends have been filled with stuff that doesn't allow me enough time for the longer rides I crave. I'm not a morning person and after a couple weeks of getting up early to ride I lost motivation to get up that early - I guess I should find a partner.

On a general night after work I'll do my standby 25 mile loop.
This past week I rushed out of work and squeezed in this new 45 mile loop before the lights went out.

I gotta get out and ride more... but then there's climbing, kayaking, hiking, drinking...

sigh

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
cbcbd said:
voted 20-50

Recently I have had only one night available to ride/week and my weekends have been filled with stuff that doesn't allow me enough time for the longer rides I crave. I'm not a morning person and after a couple weeks of getting up early to ride I lost motivation to get up that early - I guess I should find a partner.

On a general night after work I'll do my standby 25 mile loop.
This past week I rushed out of work and squeezed in this new 45 mile loop before the lights went out.

I gotta get out and ride more... but then there's climbing, kayaking, hiking, drinking...

sigh

Especially drinking...

freeheelwilly

150-200. Wish it could be more but rarely is. Not enough hours in the day and, while I ride further on the weekends, I like to do other stuff too. Plus lawnwork, errands, life...uugghh.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Not enough, voted 20-50, but hoping to improve. This week I have started waking up at 5:30 am and getting in 10 mile rides. Don't have time for much more than this due to work. On weekends I try to do a a 30 mike ride, I've only been able to do this twice thus far, otherwise it's 15-20 miles. Hope to improve as the season progresses.

bruno

andyzee said:
. Don't have time for much more than this due to work.

ride to work!!! wif petrol at 3 bucks a gallon, it makes cents! (get it? "cents"! i'm so funny!!:daffy: )

for real though! just ride to work. don't worry if there's no showers or you're all sweaty and all. exercise sweat don't stink!!! in fact, chicks dig it!!!:dunce: :oops: :-o :beer: :smile:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
bruno said:
ride to work!!! wif petrol at 3 bucks a gallon, it makes cents! (get it? "cents"! i'm so funny!!:daffy: )

for real though! just ride to work. don't worry if there's no showers or you're all sweaty and all. exercise sweat don't stink!!! in fact, chicks dig it!!!:dunce: :oops: :-o :beer: :smile:

That's the biggest problem, no showers. When I first started at this company, they did have showers and I did ride to work. But after awhile they took the showers out.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
andyzee said:
Not enough, voted 20-50, but hoping to improve. This week I have started waking up at 5:30 am and getting in 10 mile rides. Don't have time for much more than this due to work. On weekends I try to do a a 30 mike ride, I've only been able to do this twice thus far, otherwise it's 15-20 miles. Hope to improve as the season progresses.

I'm doing my best to improve on this and am happy to say that in the past 7 days, I got in 73.5 miles. 15 years ago, that would have been a decent 1 day ride, but not getting any younger and working on improving this.

jplynch019

I rarely get to go on the long rides. Too much to do on weekends. Lawn, fix things, honey-do list. I've been trying to replace miles with climbs on the weekends. Big steep hills near where I live. So I'll just do those + 30 - 40 to round out the week. Also do some 20 mile sprints as an alternative to long rides. So about 250 per week.