• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How many times for 06/07?

SnowRider

I got out about 30 times last season. It is the most i have ever gone in a single season even with the horrible season. Next year i hope for 40.

SnowRider

Zand

My last 3 seasons:

2004: 21
2005: 27
2006: 31

My goal for this year is once again 30. 07-08 will probably have much higher numbers as I'll be able to drive more than this year. I might have more Wachusett this year than in past years, but my north count will be the same or probably lower than last year, when I had 12 days away from Wachusett.

AMAC2233

Hoping for about 15, last season was 9. Thanks to school, I can only get out on weekends and vacations.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
i should be able to bang out 50-60. my highest to date was 39, but that was before moving up to StJ and having a pass. the pass really helps because i will go ski on weekends that just were not worth it before.pending i stay healthy this year :lol: 50 should be pretty easy.

AdironRider

I got 43 days in last year which was a personal high for me, but this year Im hoping for 50+. Cant wait to get out to Wyoming though in a year, anything under 100 is going to be a total bust and Ill obviously have to spend more than one year there.

AHM

50 - 60 is pretty good!

"KIA" AHM will get about 40 - 50 days this year:

25 - 30 east (bush, Jay, MRG, bolton)
11 Canada: Sorcerer lodge (back country week) and Nelson with Val Halla powder cats or White Grizzley

6 Europe: La Grave and maybe a day in the Alp d'Huez back country.

Average is about 45/season, about a million verts, mostly in trees, bumps, and backcountry.AHM

For the aspiring backcountriers: Try Rogers Pass with a couple lift served days at Kicking horse that should provide some pretty fine terrain.

Vortex

ALLSKIING said:
I just hope to hit 20 days this year. With a family a growing business and living on an Island, 20 days is not easy or cheap to do.

Move, cut your job grow your hair. Caution to the wind.

Well it was a nice thought anyway.:beer:

TwinTips21

Im shooting for about 60. I'm hoping for about 15-20 up in Vermont, mostly at Ascutney but with a few sundays a Bromley or Stratton (cheaper with a mc pass). The other 40 days will be at the local hill (mountain creek) since I can drive up there every day after school. We'll see how it goes, I could die tomorrow.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Bob R said:
Move, cut your job grow your hair. Caution to the wind.

Well it was a nice thought anyway.:beer:
I have seriously looked into that. The cost of living on the Island crazy and its always a hassel to get across the LI sound to CT. It always comes back to the business though. We have a good thing going on the Island and would be taking a huge chance to try to relocate...So we stay.... My town has a great school system, lots of open space and water all around you and its just a really fun place to be during the summer. I can deal with 4 hrs to Jiminy or 7 to the Bush for a bit longer I guess.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Bob R said:
Listen to me I got a hair cut last night. Been at the same job 15 years. Only have owned one house. Practice what....
Ya but you live in NH. I always have my eye out for business opportunities in ski country maybe some day.

Vortex

It is just to hot for me any further south. I could move further north. Living in NH allows me to work and Bost. Kind of getting big city and country easily.

hammer

Bob R said:
It is just to hot for me any further south. I could move further north. Living in NH allows me to work and Bost. Kind of getting big city and country easily.
I give you a lot of credit...your commutes must be pretty long if you are going all the way into the city...

Not sure if the rest of the family agrees, but I'd definitely have no problem with moving further north...but my commute is long enough as it is...:-?

Vortex

Hammer, you just don't get to pay the high property tax.:spin:

I could not live my life the way I choose if I lived closer to Bost. Housing would cost more than I can afford and I think I would have less privacy.

hammer

Bob R said:
Hammer, you just don't get to pay the high property tax.:spin:

I could not live my life the way I choose if I lived closer to Bost. Housing would cost more than I can afford and I think I would have less privacy.
Agree...I had some initial concerns about living 40+ miles from the city (and 25 miles from work) when I moved in 11 years ago but I'm really glad to have the space.

Main thing I'm glad about is that I can do some telecommuting...allows me to wait out the rush hour traffic.

Going back on topic, the best I've been able to do is about 10 - 12 trips the past few years. I'd like to get in about 20 or more trips this season, but a lot of those may have to be short weeknight visits to local hills...